Chapter Five: The Official Meeting

Leela told me yesterday that the meeting is at seven, and I needed to be up by six. I'm fine with that. What I'm not fine with is my three hours of sleep.

"Kealee, wake up!" Grace exclaimed. "We need to get you ready!"

"But I only got three hours," I mumbled, slowly rising up.

"Why?" Nina asked.

"Cooking since I couldn't fall asleep."

"Well, we'll be able to fix you up." And she was right! My eyebags were completely covered, and no hint of tiredness showed.

"You guys are miracle workers!" I exclaimed, quickly hugging them. I turned back to the mirror, marveling at my outfit. I was wearing a navy blue lace daydress with a black belt where the shirt and skirt parts meet. It was paired with black flats with slight heals and simple silver jewelry, which included earrings, chain necklace with a navy blue flower charm, and a set of bangles. My hair was slightly curled, I had light pink lip gloss on, and my dark eye shadow and eye liner made my eyes pop. Some mascara was put on for extra measures.

"Now go knock him dead!" Leela exclaimed as she literally pushed me out of the door. "First impressions count!"

'More like second,' I thought to myself. I obviously didn't tell them about the prince last night so they could focus on getting me ready.

"Kealee!" Cecilia exclaimed as she closed her door. She ran towards me. "I LOVE your outfit!"

"I love yours too!" I responded. Her hair was straightened and she was wearing a strapless white day dress with sequins on the bodice and golden jewelry. "So are you ready to meet Prince Jason?" I wiggled my eyebrows and smirked.

"Shut up!" She pushed me gently as we both giggled. "So, where are we going?" We were at the top of the main staircase.

"I think the Great Room."

"I forget where that is."

"I know where it is. Anyways, I am going exploring today so we can find our way around."

"Oh, I heard there's a movie theater!"

"We're definitely exploring later!" We laughed as we went through the massive doors, earning a few stares and a cameraman's attention. Thankfully there were only some other Selected there, and two of them were Amber and Carol.

"Hey!" we all four exclaimed in unison and giggled. We were lucky enough that Gloria, our coach, was chatting intensely to someone. It looked like another cameraman.

"You both look great," I complimented. Carol was wearing a plain floor-length gown that was black near the neckline and white bear the hem. It made her green eyes pop. Amber was wearing a deep purple maxi dress with an amber pendant and belt.

"So do you two!" Carol replied while Cecilia and I sat down beside them in chairs.

"So after lunch today," Cecilia started, "Kealee and I are going exploring in this entire palace. I heard that there's a movie theater!"

"Girl, yes!" Amber exclaimed. "They better have extra butter for that popcorn!" We all laughed and chatted until the rest of the girls came 15 minutes later.

"Alright, ladies!" Gloria shouted, getting our attention. "Prince Jason will be here in five minutes. Remember to curtsy, be polite, and address him properly. He will talk to you individually. Since we'll be here for about another hour, there are fruits and water on the other side of the room. And talk quietly!" She finally walked away.

"I can't believe we're meeting Prince Jason in a few minutes!" Cecilia squealed. "I can't help but fangirl!"

"Ok, whatever you do, don't faint," I said in a mock-serious tone. We all giggled. As of right on cue, Prince Jason walked in. Now that I was actually alert, I noticed more of his physical traits, like his lighter brown hair color, which could be considered a dark honey color. He had the same color as his 13-year-old sister, Princess Claire, who is twins with Prince Cody. He had blonde hair like his father. Their 15-year-old sister, Princess Alexa, had strawberry-blonde hair, which is a mix between her parents. By looking at pictures, I could tell Prince Jason got the hair color from his grandmother Amberly, and his hazel eyes from his mom. I could definitely tell he got his build from his father. He looked great in his light gray suit and black tie.