Chapter Nine: The Date

"He asked you out!" Leela squealed later that night as she washed my hair. I smiled.

"Yes, and it's a mid-afternoon picnic," I informed. "Any outfit ideas? I plan on wearing the dress the whole day, by the way."

"Hm..." Nina thought.

"Well, we can just look tomorrow," Grace suggested.

"Ok!" I agreed. We gossiped about Jason for about 10 more minutes since my maids were so excited.

As I jumped into bed half an hour later, I started pondering about the date. Eventually, my eyelids fell over my eyes and remained shut, tiredness overriding any emotion I had.

---------------------------------------------------

Before my maids arrived to get me ready, I searched through my wardrobe, trying to find the perfect dress. After about 10 minutes, I stumbled across a sky blue floor-length dress. It was sleeveless and plain, but it would be gorgeous with some jewelry. Right as I pulled it out with a huge grin on my face, I heard the click of my bedroom door closing.

"I found the perfect dress!" I exclaimed as I ran out of my closet, holding my dress against me.

"That is gorgeous!" Nina gasped, running right over. I noticed she was the only one here.

"Where are Grace and Leela?" I asked curiously.

"Grace is working on some clothing, and Leela's getting your breakfast," she answered.

"Why am I having breakfast in here?"

"It's going to take awhile to get you ready!" There was a duh tone in her voice. I smiled, little less nervous than before.

"Then lead the beautification, O Wise One." I curtsied and then burst into giggles with her as we entered the bathroom.

Let the preparation begin.

----------------------------------------------------

After three painful hours, I was finally ready. And let me tell you that I looked flawless and fabulous!

I gasped once I saw myself, the final masterpiece.

"You three are amazing," I whispered emotionally. I fanned my eyes so I wouldn't cry and mess up my makeup while I beamed.

My light brown hair was down and in a style that looked like a gentle breeze was pushing it gently out of my face. It complimented my fair skin tone, along with the dress color.

My neck was covered in white and silver jewel necklaces that were layered on one another. I had a matching cuff bracelet and a matching style earrings, and it was the same blue as my dress.

"Thank you," Nina said quietly, her eyes full to the brim with tears. She radiated with pride while Leela looked awestruck. Grace cried with happiness.

For once in my life, I felt like an angel.

----------------------------------------------------

Not wanting to show off my outfit just yet, I stayed in my room until lunch. All I did was read while the radio played with the doors open.

Finished with a long chapter, I looked up at my clock so my eyes could get a quick rest. That's when I realized it was 11:58, which is two minutes before lunch was served.

"Crap," I muttered as I ran through the hall.

----------------------------------------------------

As I pulled open one of the polished double wooden doors, it made a huge creak. Great. Everyone's eyes were on me as I quickly curtsied and walked calmly over to my chair. I could feel the stares of half of the girls side-eyeing me throughout the entire course bring served.