Chapter Six: The Sleepover

"Come on, Carol!" I giggled. She struggled running in her full-length gown, even without her heels!

"Don't you think I would if I could?" she giggled back. She, I, Amber, and Cecilia burst out laughing.

It has been about an hour since breakfast ended, and we were still exploring the first floor of the palace.

"Where is the movie theater?" Amber asked exasperated as we opened door after door. By the time the first floor was fully explored 15 minutes later, we found a staircase that led down to one of the basement floors.

"I think the movie theater is down there," Carol thought aloud.

"It is down there, Ladies," a guard confirmed. He was guarding that part of the hallway, I'm assuming.

"Thanks!" I replied, grabbing Cecilia's and Carol's wrists. Amber grabbed onto Carol's in turn. We all giggled as we raced down the stairs and through the halls as we pulled open doors.

"Found it!" Amber exclaimed. We all rushed in and found something unexpected. There were a couple of rows of reclining red-orange chairs with arms that could be lifted up so snuggling was possible. In front of it, there was an 84-inch TV screen with speakers on either side. Off to one of the sides were a popcorn machine, arrangement of drinks, and best of all, 100+ different types of candy and chocolate.

"Oh my gosh!" Cecilia squealed. "We need a sleepover down here tonight!"

"And a dance party!" Carol interjected. "A sleepover isn't a sleepover without those.

"Let's go explore the fourth floor first, though, before the etiquette lessons," Amber suggested. "I want something to zone out to." We all laughed.

"And to let myself get out of this gown," Carol groaned. We all giggled at her very true statement. She was like a turtle when we ran. "I'm not running in this!"

"Wait, doesn't that start at 11:15?" Cecilia asked.

"Yeah, but what time is it?" Amber confirmed.

"11:10."

"SH*T!" I yelled. "We have 5 minutes, come on!" We all sprinted up the stairs and through the halls towards the teaching room, which was on the other side of the palace. It was so tiring! Luckily Amber remembered where it was.

"We're here!" Cecilia yelled. I could hear her voice 50 feet away, just like I could hear Gloria's disappointment as she sighed. I didn't need a clock to know we were late. Crap. I watched Carol and Amber enter almost immediately after her. As I was about to enter too a few seconds later, I felt someone grab my hand and hold me back.

"AH!" I shrieked. I turned and glared at a familiar face. "What the hell, Jason?!" He doubled over in laughter as I crossed my arms, continuing to glare. Did I mention I HATE being scared by someone?

"Couldn't resist," he chuckled I between breaths. I rolled my eyes and smirked as I entered the hostile room. The three rude girls from earlier were glaring at me, along with Holly, Susie, and Olivia. Gloria was on the verge of smiling, surprisingly.

"Alright, Ladies!" she exclaimed, jumping right into the lesson.

----------------------------------------------------

Later that night after a Wii dance off, Cecilia, Amber, Carol, and I were watching a 21st century horror film called Unfriended. We were all huddled up together as the clock slowly passed 11pm with a soft blanket covering our tank tops and comfy shorts.

As one of the characters were about to killed, there was an eerie silence. I decided to have some fun, so I screamed. That made them scream, too. I died laughing as they hit me with their pillows.