Book 1: The Crimson Tyrant

*Ciel's POV*(Swipe to image to see outfit)

When I opened my eyes to see that I looked to be in a garden maze of some sorts but not one I ever seen or been through. I then looked down because I felt my clothes were different, I saw that I was in a strange outfit that was in a shade of light blue with a white apron and a bow on my head. I was wearing long thigh-high socks that was black and white striped along with black heeled shoes. I was looking at my clothes in confusion when I began to hear voices nearby, it sounds like singing. I followed the singing as I came to an opening into a part of the maze to see what was going on.

I saw that there was a group of cards that was black and white, but what shocked me was that they were moving around like a living being. But they seem a bit more cartoony? I think that's the word for it? Their faces weren't realistic same with their movements weren't physically possible. I watch as they were dipping their paint brushes? into cans of paint in their hands before looking at the bushes. The bushes had white roses, they were very beautiful in my opinion but it seems the cards didn't share my thoughts.

"Hurry up and paint those roses red!" The cards said while they were painting.

"Slather them quickly, as aforesaid!" The cards said as each of the white roses are being painted red.

"Hurry, hurry! There are still roses left to paint!" Ace of clubs said in a hurry

"They're painting... Roses?" I said to myself in confusion

I watched as they were painting the roses when I saw another person come from another part of the maze. She had long blonde hair and blue eyes, her dress was a simple light blue dress with a white apron. She had white stockings and black dress shoes along with a black bow on top of her head. She was very confused by what the cards are doing as she began to make her way towards us, but it looks like her and the cards can't see me. I can't help but feel that this girl looks and feels familiar, but I can't remember where.

"Why are you painting these white roses red?" The girl asked the cards

"Huh?" The cards stopped painting to look at her

"Why, you ask? It's quite simple. We planted the wrong color, you see." Two of clubs said as he points towards the roses that were white while the rest were red.

"The Queen likes her roses. If they're white, we'll lose our head!" Ace of clubs said as he did a slice at the neck motion.

"Goodness!" The girl said while holding her neck as the Three of clubs looks at her.

"And so, we're painting the roses red." Three of clubs said to her as the other cards began to paint again.

'By the way, where am I?' I asked myself in my head as my vision goes black.

I slowly open my eyes to see that I was in my bed, which is my room for the time being until I'm sent home. I looked around to see that everything was how I left it yesterday along with the bag that Crowley left in my room. He also left me and Grim some food for dinner since the kitchen is still out of condition. I look near my feet to see that Grim was curled up into a ball as he was fast asleep. Before I could go back to sleep, I hear the sounds of someone knocking at the door as I sat up in confusion.

"Is someone knocking at the door?" I asked myself as I felt Grim waking up

"Myaaah... Hey, Ciel... I know it's the middle of the night, but I think we've got a visitor. " Grim said as more knocks were heard.

"Maybe it's those pesky ghosts again? They just don't know when to quit." Grim said

I got out of the bed as I felt grim got on my shoulder while I was checking to make sure that my Pjs were not revealing anything. Then, I grabbed a candle, that was on a candle holder, and asked Grim to light it. I made my way towards the entrance while also making sure that I didn't run into anything. I knew that it wasn't Crowley as he needs sleep too like any normal person here. I saw that the ghosts weren't behind this either as they can't leave from the indoor of the dorms.

"Who would be here at this hour?" I asked as I was sleepy and confused

"It's me, Ace! Just let me in, all right?"

'Ace? What's he doing here this late?' I thought to myself

"Ace? It's the middle of the night!" I opened the door as Grim complained but froze at the sight before me.

"B-bwah! That collar!" Grim cried out in shock

There before me and Grim was Ace, he was still in his uniform but this time he had a collar around his neck. But it wasn't just any collar, it was the same collar that Grim had on due to what he did at orientation. If I remember correctly, it was that red-haired boy named Riddle that put the collar on Grim. But why was Ace wearing that collar for and how did he get collared so quickly? What did Ace even do to deserved to be collared? Sure Ace can be stupid at times but not that stupid, right?

"I can't go back to Heartslabyul House. I'm joining your dorm. For good." Ace stated with an angered look.

"What?!" I yelled in shock

"Myah?! Come again?!" Grim shouted in shock

I was just standing there in shock as I was trying to process what Ace had just said as he walks by me to enter the dorms. I carefully close the door before following Ace to the lounge, he had to have answers to my questions, right? Because I'm pretty sure that he knows that I have questions that needs to be answered now.

'What in the world happen while I was asleep?!'

An Earl in Night Raven College (Book One)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें