The Crimson Tyrant: Part 17

*Ciel's POV*

I saw Riddle look at me the moment I said that, I knew that angering was not the best option but what he's gonna do isn't right. I had memories of homeless and poor people who had nothing, no food or clean water. So hearing that Riddle wants the tart to be destroyed angered me dearly as I clutched my fist. But I know that lashing out at him will only make the situation worse for all of us present. So, I decided to try and reason with him about not destroying the tart and giving it to someone else.

"Is that really necessary?! Couldn't you just give it to someone else, after all... Destroying the tart doesn't seem right!" I tried to reason with him but it seems to have made him more annoyed.

"Whoa, hold up! Is that one of your rules too?!" Ace asked in shock

"Yeah! If you want the tart gone, let me eat it!" Grim suggested as I faced palmed

"Grim, you're not helping!"

"Housewarden, allow me to apologize, I was the one who suggested making a chestnut tart." Trey tried to cover for us.

"I was a part of that too. We had no idea there was a rule about it!" Cater covered for us too but it seems the two didn't calm him down.

"The making of the tart is not the issue. The issue is bringing it HERE. Today. THAT is the transgression!" Riddle explains while still being mad.

"How can you be so mean after he worked so hard?" I asked in anger

"Yeah! All you do is cite one stupid rule after another! You sound totally foolish!" Ace said in anger

"What did you just call me? 'Foolish'?!" Riddle demanded

"Everyone, stop! Don't dig this hole any deeper! And Riddle, please try to remember that these are new students who've only been here a few days!" Cater tried to calm down the situation as I sigh.

"*Sighs* I think it's to late for that, Trey." I said while rubbing my forehead as I was standing next to Cater and Trey.

"Nah, bro. I've got a shovel and I am DIGGING. Throwing away a tart to obey some insane rule is about as foolish as it gets." Ace said angrily

"I agree with Ace. Of course, I understand that rules do need to be followed, but... This is going much too far." Deuce stated

"Are you attempting to debate me? Bold move. But I'll bite. By breaking even the smallest rule, you are throwing wide the gate to anarchy." Riddle stated

"Everyone, I know you're afraid of getting your magic sealed away, but you know this is insane, Right?" Ace asked the other students, who all flinched.

"N-no, we, uh..." One of the students was unable to speak.

"Well? Isn't it?" Riddle demanded

"Far from it, Housewarden Riddle, sir!" Heartslabyul student A said in fear

"We trust in your judgment, sir!" Heartslabyul student B said in fear

"You little..." Grim growled as I shake my head

"They're scared... It makes sense why they don't want to disobey him..." I mumbles to myself as I looked around.

"You spineless, fair-weather cowards..." Ace growls

"Ace, calm yourself..." I said but he ignored my words

"In the year since I became Housewarden, not a single student from Heartslabyul House has dropped out or been held back a year. We are the only house that can boast such a feat. Furthermore, of everyone in this dorm, I have the best academic standing. Hence, I am the most correct! If you would simply obey me without question, we wouldn't need to contend so." Riddle informs us.