Kiss or Get Off The Pot

unedited

*Amelia's Interview*

"Cassie has been invited back for another week, but this time without the select team. She is a little upset about she got super close to those girls, but Cassie just wants to dance and compete wherever she can."

"Girls, come on, let's go!" Abby yells from inside studio a. "come on!"

The girls all slowly jog into line facing the mirror, "The walk of shame. let's go."

"Sarah...and unfortunately, Christy, as well as Cassandra and Amelia," Cassie beams at the mention of her name, "are here with us today."

*Abby's Interview*

"This week, I've allowed the select competition team to go home. They had a big win. I decided to keep Sarah and Cassandra around. They dance here at the ALDC. Sarah comes three, four times a week as it is, so why not throw her into the big fish tank and let her try to swim with these guys. She's eight years old. She can only get better. But if that mother opens her mouth, she's gone. As for Cassandra, I can barely get that girl to go home and she's more than ready to dance with the Elite team."

Abby continues, "You two are guests here this week. You need to appreciate that and be grateful for that opportunity." Cassie nods and gives Miss Abby a polite yes ma'am, while Sarah nods in understanding.

"You guys are two for two--losing two for two...to the select team. How did it feel to get beat?" Abby questioned.

"Not good" Maddie responded meekly.

"Not good," Abby said back.

*Cassandra's Interview"

"Actually, it felt pretty dang awesome."

"Girls! I wasn't disappointed in your dancing. I wasn't disappointed in your hard work. I was disappointed in your attitude after the competition." The elite team's moms' eyebrows furrowed in annoyance.

*Cassandra and Amelia's Interview*

"Wait what happened after the competition?"

"Don't worry about it, Cassie."

"Now I'm going to worry about it more!"

"You need to suck it up!" Abby shout causing the girls to cringe.

"The kids didn't cry onstage, and they had nothing disrespectful to say to any of those girls. I think they were sad because they felt let down by you." Jill said with what Cassie thought was an excessive amount of finger-pointing.

"I have given you the tools. I have taught you right from wrong. It doesn't matter if you think you didn't get a fair shake, or if you think the judging wasn't right, or if you're just a sore loser." Abby berates, "You don't do it where people can see it, ever."

"Understood?"

"Yes," the girls reply.

*Amelia's Interview*

"As blunt as Abby is, she is right on this the way the elite girls were acting after losing hurts the reputation of the ALDC. Which hurts all of Abby's students"

"All right, let's get to the pyramid." Cassie lets out a quiet cheer. "First we have...Chole. The turn section at the end, it just was never in sync."

"And next, we have Maddie. You've always been a team leader, although you're not the oldest dancer here. That means when things go wrong, people are following your lead. You're upset, you're emotional...the whole team's gonna follow you. Never let them see you sweat.