Your Story Description: Add a Logline

A logline is a concise summary of the essential elements of your story, including the characters, plot, setting, and central conflict. It's a quick way to capture readers' attention by providing an emotional hook that draws them in.

A well-crafted logline can highlight what makes your story unique and exciting, encouraging potential readers to take a closer look. Keep your logline brief and to the point, focusing on the most important details that will make your story stand out.

Specificity: A good logline should be specific about the key elements of the story, such as the protagonist, setting, and central conflict. This helps readers understand what the story is about and what makes it unique.

Emotional Hook: A good logline should provide an emotional hook that draws readers in and makes them care about the story. This can be achieved by highlighting the character's journey or the stakes involved in the central conflict.

Conciseness: A good logline should be brief and to the point, ideally with no more than one or two sentences. This helps capture readers' attention quickly and encourages them to read on.

Clarity: A good logline should be clear and easy to understand, even for readers who are unfamiliar with the story. It should avoid jargon or overly complicated language that could confuse readers.

Memorable: A good logline should be memorable and stick in readers' minds, making them more likely to remember the story and recommend it to others. This can be achieved through the use of vivid language, a unique premise, or a surprising twist.

An example of a good logline:

"When a young orphan girl discovers a magical garden, she unlocks the power to heal the sick and transform her own life, but must confront her past and face the dangers that come with her newfound abilities."

This logline provides a brief summary of the key elements of the story, including the protagonist, setting, and central conflict. It also includes an emotional hook by highlighting the character's journey of self-discovery and the dangers she must face. This logline captures the essence of the story and entices potential readers to learn more.

Now compare it to this:

"This is a story about a girl who has adventures."

This logline is too vague and generic, providing no real insight into what the story is about or what sets it apart from others. It also lacks an emotional hook, making it difficult to capture readers' attention or entice them to read further. A good logline should be specific, concise, and provide an emotional hook that draws readers in.