Your Story Description: Show What's Unique

What sets your story apart from others on Wattpad? Every writer has a unique and special story to tell, but sometimes the essence of their work can get lost when trying to summarize it. It's essential to remember that your story doesn't exist in isolation on Wattpad. With millions of other stories available, readers have plenty of choices to pick from. If your story doesn't stand out, it's unlikely to get noticed. Therefore, it's crucial to identify your story's unique selling point or hook and make sure it's highlighted in your description or cover design. By doing so, you can increase the chances of grabbing readers' attention and enticing them to read on.

Unique Description:"In a world where the color of your eyes determines your social status, sixteen-year-old Amara is born with mismatched eyes, making her both an outcast and a target. When she discovers a hidden underground society of rebels fighting against the oppressive government, Amara must decide whether to embrace her unique identity and join the rebellion or continue to hide and risk losing everything."

This description is unique because it highlights a specific element of the story that sets it apart from others - the concept of eye color determining social status.

Identify your story's unique selling points: Consider what sets your story apart from others in your genre. Is it a unique premise, a fresh take on a familiar trope, or a particular character or setting? Make a list of these unique selling points and use them to guide your description.

Focus on the central conflict: Your story's central conflict is what drives the plot and keeps readers engaged. Make sure to mention it in your description, but also consider what makes it unique. What's at stake? Who are the key players? What makes this conflict different from others in your genre?

Highlight your protagonist: Your protagonist is the heart of your story, so make sure to introduce them in your description. Consider what makes your protagonist unique - their background, their goals, or their personality - and use that to make them stand out.

Use vivid language: Your description should be engaging and memorable, so use vivid and descriptive language to create a picture in the reader's mind. 

Keep it concise: Your description should be no more than a few paragraphs, so make every word count. Focus on the most important elements of your story and avoid getting bogged down in details.

End with a hook: Just like the opening of your story, the end of your description should leave readers wanting more. Consider ending with a cliffhanger or a tantalizing hint of what's to come.