Your Story Tags

Choosing the right tags for your story can make it more discoverable on Wattpad. Tags are used to tell readers what your story is about and can help it appear in search, tag pages, and the home page. To optimize your discoverability, choose accurate and relevant words that describe your story. Think about how you would describe your story in just a few words and use these as tags. By effectively tagging your story, you can increase its visibility and attract more readers.

Start with the ones that accurately reflect the genre and themes of your story. Whether you're writing a romance, a mystery, a deep space sci-fi, or a world-building fantasy, these should always be a part of your story tags.

It's also important to be specific about the sub-genres it explores and the target audience it's written for. For example, does your story take place in a dystopian world or is it geared towards a new adult audience? By clarifying these details, you can help readers better understand what your story is about and whether it's a good fit for their interests.

Wattpad offers limitless possibilities for the settings of stories, from historical eras to futuristic worlds. To make it easier for readers to find your story and understand its themes, it's important to tag it with specific sub-genres and settings. For example, if your story is set in France during the 1940s, consider tagging it with "historical fiction" and "World War II." If it takes place in a dystopian future, consider tagging it with "sci-fi" and "dystopia." By using specific tags, you can help your story reach the right audience and increase its visibility on Wattpad.