Did the boss get an upgrade? What's with these mushy words?

“Wencheng, if I can convince Shishi this time, you must promise me something as well.”

After boarding, Mother Gu and Huo Wencheng sat next to each other inside the first-class cabin.

“In the future, you can Wushuang can help her out within reasons whenever necessary. That’s how a family should be like. We help each other out and get through difficult times together.”

The strong helping out the weak.

“Yes, I shall.”

Huo Wencheng promised her.

He couldn’t help but frowned, nevertheless, when he recalled how cold Huo Sishen was.

Truth be told, he had no idea why his Big Brother suddenly decided to marry Gu Shishi.

He obviously resented his two previous fiancees very much.

“Regardless of her relationship with my brother in the future, I will always think of her as my own sister,” added Huo Wencheng sincerely.

His words made Mother Gu nodded in content.

As though she had solved all the issues and there was nothing else to worry about.

As though she had demonstrated that she treated her two daughters equally.

Nevertheless, she had no idea how Huo Wencheng was toward his own sister Huo ChuChu.

Right before the plane had taken off, Mother Gu was finally able to locate her earlier chat with her real daughter among the few on the very bottom.

Have You Received Red Packet Today?

The alias itself made her frown.

[Shishi, Mommy is boarding now and will be landing around 2 PM. I need to talk to you. Why don’t you go and wait for me at our place?]

After Mother Gu had finished typing that with her bifocal lens on, she finally leaned back into her seat, relaxed, and closed her eyes for some rest.

11 PM that night.

Gu Shishi had just finished bathing and was debating as to whether to apply the Bridehalo.

She had already rolled around multiple times in bed; got out of bed, ran over to the door, and listened for any noises outside; then sneaked over to the study and placed her ears on the door trying to figure out what the boss was doing...

Truth was, the boss had been very peaceful since the wedding night.

As she had been busy for a while and was too tired the next few days that followed, she had wanted to stay up and wait for him but had fallen asleep every time when her head hit the pillow.

She had finally recovered the last two nights on the island but the boss was busy with his work all over again.

She climbed into bed and he would be poring over his documents at the desk next to the bed, signing a stack of urgent documents that his executive assistant had delivered there with same-day services.

Toward the end, she would sit up and draw. But, even so, she could not match the boss’s ability to work overtime.

Her brain would start to turn mush at around 10 PM every night. Even the lines on her drawing paper would become non-discriminable.

By the time she had dragged her feet to shower and crawl into bed, the boss would still be at his documents.

Aye.

Now that they had returned home, the boss was still working his crazy hours.

And, the most awkward part of all, the boss had never said for her to move to a different room.