thirty nine

100k!!! thank you all from the bottom of my heart <3
starting a dream fic.... will keep u guys updated ;) there may be hints spread through upcoming chapters :))

people had just started arriving for the party, clay and nicks apartment slowly filling up. ailee tried finding people she knew, such as karl or alex, when he eyes settled on the only other girl in sight. the other girl looks in ailees direction and accidentally makes eye contact, making ailee feel awkward, although her feelings are almost immediately settled when the girl smiles widely and calls the girl over. ailee starts walking to her, and they end up meeting in the middle to introduce themselves. "hi! im ailee" ailee says, extending a hand but instead being pulled into a welcoming hug by the girl, who was drop dead gorgeous and made ailee slightly nervous. she gracefully accepted the hug, returning it and pulling away after a few seconds.

the girl smiles and introduces herself. "ailee! ive heard so much about you! im tina, its so nice to meet you" she says, her smile lighting up the room. "tina! its so good to put a face to the name, i hear about you a lot" ailee says. "you've got something going on with sapnap right?" she says, motioning towards nick on the other side of the room as he talks to one of his streamer friends. "yeah, sort of. nothing official but, theres definitely something happening." she says, smiling fondly at the boy as she talks, making eye contact with him and he smiles and waves happily. she waves back and turns back to face tina, continuing with her sentence "but we haven't really told many people so if you could keep it quiet please?" she asks, immediately met but tina nodding her head.

"of course! i would never go around telling people that. i'd just heard a lot about you and wanted to get to know you!" she says sweetly, ailee smiling with her and they both sit down to have a conversation. 'valentine' by 5 seconds of summer playing over the speakers, they end up talking for around 20 minutes and the apartment had filled up even more with more people showing up, mostly streamers and friends of said people. ailee and tina's conversation was interrupted when karl found tina and asked her for help with something, before she was pulled away. ailee was standing by herself for a bit, when she felt someone stand next to her and he started talking. "so youre the one stealing my fiance huh?" je says, smiling and obviously joking around. "ah, alex. its great to meet my competition" ailee says, offering her hand to shake his. quackity accepts and continues the joke, "ive got my eye on you. sapnap is mine" he says. "oh sure he is" ailee says sarcastically, exaggeratively nodding her head and laughing.

as if on queue, their conversation is joined as sapnap makes his way over, immediately wrapping an arm around ailee's waist and greeting the two of them. ailee greets him too, looking at quackity and seeing a faux-shocked look, before he laughs and admits defeat. the group laughs and talk for a bit, before once more alex is pulled away, leaving just ailee and nick. "can we go out on the balcony for a second? theres something i need to talk to you about" he says, seeming serious and ailee noted the slight nerves from earlier returning. her own nerves growing from the request, she agrees and starts making her way to the door, sapnap following behind her while keeping a hand rested on her hip.

the two make their way outside, closing the door behind them. there is a moment of silence before either of them start talking, ailee looking up and seeing the stars shining and little snowflakes falling, a thin layer of snow settling on the ground a few stories beneath them. "its beautiful out here, im still not used to snow" ailee mutters, a small laugh escaping her lips in an attempt to hide the brewing nerves. "it really is beautiful" sapnap says, ailee turning around to face him and seeing his eyes settled on her, not even acknowledging what ailee was actually talking about. her cheeks hear up and she moves over so she is standing directly in front of nick.

he clears his throat and reaches a hand into his pocket, stopping to say something quickly. "the gift that you opened earlier, that isn't everything i got you, i just wanted you to open this when it was just us." he says, pulling a small black box out of his pockets and holding it out towards the girl. "oh nick, you didnt have to" she says, taking the box. "i wanted to, merry christmas bug." she smiles up at the boy before focusing back on the box, opening it to find a silver necklace with a small charm of a ladybug, an 'n' delicately engraved into it.

her face falls into a shocked smile, looking up at sapnap, who was looking at her with a soft smile. "its absolutely perfect, i love it" she basically whispers, pulling the necklace out of the box to look at it better. "here, let me" nick says, taking the necklace out of her hands and waiting for the girl to turn around. when she does, he places the jewellery around her neck, ailee holding her hair up while he puts the necklace on. he clasps it together, placing his hands on her shoulders lightly before they fall and are placed loosely on each side of her waist. ailee turns around and faces him once more, his hands still on her hips and the two holding eye contact, nick looking down at ailee. "its perfect" ailee says, the words unknowingly coming out as a whisper. "you're perfect" he whispers back, leaning down to meet her in a loving kiss.

they pull apart after a few seconds, both smiling and leaning their foreheads against the others. "bug, will you be my girlfriend?" nick asks, looking into the girls eyes, awaiting the answer. "of course i will, pandas." she says, erupting in a massive grin, the boy laughing at the nickname and them both leaning in once more, smiling into the kiss.