fifty five.

heyy dont hate me for this bc i kinda hate myself for having to resort to this x read the a/n at the end

much to ailee's surprise, nick did actually show up. ren had left a few minutes ago, leaving ailee alone with her thoughts and steak.

the loud knock interrupted the girl's cleaning of the kitchen as she went to open the door, thinking ren had maybe forgotten something. the door swung open quickly to reveal nick standing there expectantly. the door closed almost as quickly, but it was blocked as nick pushed it back open. he walked in and closed the door behind him, ailee standing motionless in the entrance as she tried to process the bravery of this boy that she really did not want to see right now.

"hey... we need to talk" he says in a breathy tone, closing the door behind him and walking to the living room, sitting down on the couch. the girl follows him with a scoff and an eye roll before sitting on the floor as far away from him as possible, leaning back onto the wall. "i told you i don't want to talk. i told you not to come here" ailee says sternly, although nick's unmoving facade showed her all she needed to know about how this talk was going to happen.

"we need to have this talk though. can you please just sit closer? i feel like im yelling across the room at you for no reason" nick says which caused a scoff from the girl once more. "wouldn't be the first time you yelled at me for no reason lately" she mutters, staring at the floor and fiddling with her

"thats unfair" nick muttered, looking across at the girl who stayed in her place. she did nothing but mock his words, denying him of a proper response. "i just want to talk. please" nick begs, pleading eyes speaking hundreds of words in their own sense, pushing the girl to give in with a single, subtle nod. "talk then" she croaks out, suddenly overwhelmed with the suffocating tension.

"im sorry. i shouldn't have believe him but i was scared and i was insecure, which isn't an excuse i understand that but im sorry. i was thinking it over on the way here and i just can't lose you already. im sorry for not believe you and not seeing through it." nick explained, alternating between looking at the floor and ailee, who was sat still on the couch, truly listening to the boy's words.

"im just confused, nick. you've changed your mind so many times so quickly that i just don't know what you're actually thinking. the way you treated me over something that i didn't do was really hurtful. i just don't know if i can rebuild anything that was there." she practically whispers, her voice wavering with each words as she watched nick process everything. his eyes well up with tears, looking at ailee as she refuses to connect her gaze.

nick knew there was only a fighting chance to rekindle this relationship. it tore his heart apart, seeing how much he had hurt one of his favourite people in the process of his own mistakes. the girl would barely look at him, after all that time growing the fire between them, to only recently making it official only to let the fire take over, burning out of control until they were left to ash.

no one could stop the wildfire that was ailee and nick.

they were too far gone.

maybe not every story had a happy ending.

the end.

hi guys! we've reached the end!
this is the original ending i was planning, although it wasn't done in the way i wanted and im really sorry for that. im not motivated to write this story at all anymore but i didn't want to just leave u guys hanging that close to the end so i rushed it a bit to just have an ending out there.
maybe one day i'll rewrite it, we'll see!

i want to thank you guys for the endless support on this story. its actually insane to me how much attention this got and im so thankful for each and every one of u <3 i love interacting w u guys and i will continue to do so well past the ending of this book! im planning on writing a new book, for a different fandom im in on my other account

@jumpintomyocean

and i understand you guys might not like it bc it will be a luke hemmings (5sos) book but if you happen to also like him u should check it out! it will still be a while away bc i wanna get a fair amount written before publishing any but id love the support!