-A small misunderstanding(ddlg content)-

-Baekhyun's POV-

I hate family meals.. More like.. disasters, everyone pretending to like each other while in their head, they are cursing and staring into your soul, waiting for one mistake you'll make so that they judge you till their last day.

-Your POV-

"Why do we have to do this.. It's so freaking fake!" he says

"Shh. It's our family-"

"No no. It's YOUR family. THEY HATE ME! And your aunt is going to smile with a bitter expression on her face while I'm serving her meal, oh my, you can't imagine how hard it is to hold myself back and not yeEEEEet the plate on her face" he says, being all worked up, laughing at the image of aunt having sauce on her face.

"I promise you, you'll get something nice at night okay? Don't nag"

"Alright" he says immediately, making a move with his hand like he zipped his mouth closed

"We can't stay in the kitchen forever. Here. Help me get the plates to the dining room" 

You hand him the main dish and look at him as he goes in. Shaking your head, you mutter to yourself "tsts, he's unbelievable" 

You both get all the plates to the dining room and as you sit down, you notice him serving your aunt, her face being as sour as lemon. And Baekhyun tries his best to smile politely, but then looks at you. His eyes saying "I'm THAT close to throwing the whole table on herrr.." (it's the help me.. HELP-ME meme lol)

You laugh and sit down, as he sits too

"Nice weather we're having today, right?" you say

"umm. It's so dry outside, my skin is just sooo dehydratedd oh my godd" says your sister, with who you talk almost.. never.

"well, are you happy here? this house seems a bit smaller than where me and your mother used to live" aunt says as she looks around, judging the house and then looking at Baekhyun with a very, kind of disguised expression.

"Yes, aunt, I'm really happy. I have my husband, my life, my job. And the house is pretty big, to be honest"

Moments of silence after that..

"So! Let's eat! We both worked to prepare all these dishes so we hope you enjoy" he said, having a big, polite smile on his face.

Everyone focused on their plate, not talking. The only sound heard is from the forks and knifes hitting on plates. Mom being really judgmental, aunt as well. Well, everyone.

But at some point.. this happens.

"Daddy, can you pass me the salad, please?" you ask sweetly

Both your dad and Baekhyun naturally take the salad and as they are about to hand it over to you, they look up, realizing that they are both holding the same plate. Baekhyun awkwardly pulls his hand back and looks at his plate, continues to eat as you blush underneath your light coat of make-up.

Your dad hands you the salad as everyone is staring in shock and confusion. Baekhyun can't help but smirk at his mistake, trying to hide it by looking down and pretending to eat. 

After that, no-one said anything. They all ate in silence and after they were done..

"Well, we are very thankful for the meal, but  we have something we should do so we will leave by.. now" said mom, while making gestures to dad so that he stands up too. Then the rest started slowly leaving, aunt, sisters, uncle who never talks. And in no time, it's only you and Baekhyun, sitting at the table. You look at each other. He suddenly bursts into laughter.

"oh my, that was.. I can't, I'm dying! Please make this stop!!" he laughs, holding his stomach. 

"Look, I freaking teared up!" 

"Stop, you... This was really awkward" you say

"Well, it was a smooth way for your father to learn that he is not the only one you call daddy anymoreee" he says, teasing

"Alright, enough. Help me clean up"

"Yes!... little oneeee, haaaa" 

"stop!"

He comes close, hugging you from behind, kissing you "I will help you clean up, yes, but you promised something earlier. Don't think I forgotttt"

You both clean up the table and then tidy up the kitchen. He occasionally laughs, thinking of what happened.

Daddy, can you pass me the salad? Oh my, the look on his face.. he would murmur and laugh

"God, you are such a baby sometimes" you say, laughing and just washing the dishes

-

Hey everyone~! This was it, hehe.... Yeah, I know it's a weird one but you know what? It was funny while thinking of it in my smooth shinny brain (shinee brain *drumroll*). And I still find it funny. But let me know if you found it any interesting or at least enjoyable. I know I'm not posting frequently but many things are happening and your boi is kinda searching for inspiration✨. So I wait till it hits me at 3am, literally, and I write. I'm currently working on my other story too, chapter 20. I'm on 650 words.. Still long way to go. Anyway! I hope you have an amazing day and night, take care! Anyongggg~~!

(shameless promotionnnnnn check out my twitter for random life updatessss... if you want ofc..  https://twitter.com/Edwardca_A . And my pinterest cause I have some baekmadness going on there, as I want to call it, lol. https://gr.pinterest.com/EdwardCa_A/ . Okay, bye noww~!)