Love 9

"Hi. Who are you?" A voice from a cute little girl echoed when she opened the door. "I'm Ella Manoban. My mama says I'm going forty-five but I'm just five years old. She only say that to tell me that I am smarter than my age. Sometimes smarter than Aunt Chu but Mama said it's a secret."

Chaeyoung stood still with amazement in her eyes. "Hello. I'm Park Chaeyoung."

Ella's brow furrowed. Chaeyoung noticed that Lisa did the same thing every time she's got confused over something.

"I heard my Mama said it's rude to ask a woman about her age. But you're pretty. Did Mama ask your age? She's sometimes forgettiful."

"It's forgetful, honey." A woman in her forties sauntered behind the little girl. "You must be Chaeyoung. My daughters adore you. And I must say my granddaughter will do so any time soon."

Realization hit Chaeyoung in an instant. "Oh. I'm sorry, Ma'am. Lisa haven't mentioned about your visit today." She paused for a moment. "Is it okay if I call Lisa first? I don't want to be rude because I get that you are Lisa's mother but I also respect Lisa's privacy."

The woman smiled at her. "A smart woman... and respectful. But that won't be necessary, dear. I actually have the key but I don't want to just intrude your space. I've heard what happened from Jisoo." She entered and the little girl followed.

"Are you my new mommy?" The little girl asked while she opened her pink bag.

"I'm sorry, dear. You see, this kid doesn't take from her mother. All of this from my other daughter, Jisoo, the talkative one."

"Kids are very vocal about what's in their mind. I don't mind, Ma'am."

"Oh, silly. Call me Cici." She scanned the place before she decided to sit down. "Ella, come here. My head is turning upside down from the travel."

Ella frowned. "She's not silly, gramma. You are. You're head doesn't move. It's not turning updise and down." She looked up at Chaeyoung as if she wanted an approval.

Chaeyoung knelt down and smiled. "Your grandmother didn't mean it literally."

"Letterlarly. What does it mean? I want to write it in my notebook." Ella hurriedly looked for her notebook inside her bag and got her pink pencil.

Chaeyoung smiled. "It's li-te-ra-lly." She then explained the word and what Ella's grandmother was meaning to say.

Ella's eyes widened in surprise. "I like you. You esclaimed it very clear to me."

"I think you mean 'explained'." Chaeyoung smiled again.

"Yeah...that. I like learning new words and use it when I think it's apporpiet." Ella explained. "I heard that word from Aunt Nini when she scolded Aunt Chu."

Chaeyoung knew that Ella knew the words and when's the right to use them but still have struggle pronouncing them. "Well, that's so very good of you. Not everyone wants to learn. It's good for your vocabulary."

"Thank you. It's very good of you to tell me that." Ella answered and ran to her grandmother's side.

Cici chuckled and Chaeyoung joined her. They both knew Ella was trying to mimic Chaeyoung and was trying her best to sound matured.

While Ella decided to busy herself with reading her vocabulary notebook, Chaeyoung was nervous that she had to talk to Lisa's mother.

"I take that my idiot daughter didn't tell you about Ella?"

"Gramma! That's not nice to say!"

Chaeyoung chuckled but started to fiddle the bottom of her shirt. It was Lisa's, actually. She'd always found comfort wearing the latter's clothes.

"I guess it must have slipped in her mind. And she doesn't need to tell me everything. I..."

"My daughter, as a businesswoman, is genius." Cici decided to jump in. "But as a normal person? She's kind of naive when it comes to feelings and actions that require other people's involvement."

"I understand, Ma'am. I mean Cici. But Lisa is a decent person, reasonable, and wonderful as well. If she didn't tell me about Ella, I think she has the right to, and she has her reasons. And I respect that."

Cici studied Chaeyoung. She hadn't met someone who respected Lisa this much. In the business world, that was given. She had power. But this was different. The woman in front of her respected Lisa as a person, respected her privacy, and respected her five-year old granddaughter that she even talked to like she'd supposed to.

Her eyes glistened. "I think I'm starting to be an emotional old woman."

"Are you okay? I'm sorry. I'm the worst. I didn't even offer you a cup of tea or coffee. Do you want some tea, coffee, or water?"

Cici smiled. "Just water, dear."

Chaeyoung stood up but halted. She turned around and ducked. "Ella? Do you want some choco milk?"

Ella's ears perked and she blinked more than the usual. "You know my favorite?!" She then asked with excitement.

"Your mama drinks the same thing." Chaeyoung smiled then went to the kitchen.

Chaeyoung sighed in defeat. This was all overwhelming. Lisa's family came unannounced. It's not like she didn't want them in Lisa's place, but she didn't know what to do.

To top that up, Lisa has a child. She didn't even had a clue. And the kid was wonderful. Why would Lisa keep it from her? Was it because she didn't want Chaeyoung to meet her family because she didn't feel like it's important?

She shook her head. Lisa was not that kind of person.

"Are you upset because of us?" The hesitation in Ella's voice broke her heart. She didn't notice that the little girl followed her.

"What made you think that?" Chaeyoung asked softly.

"Because I sometimes get upset when Mama brings people in our house when she didn't tell me first." Something she couldn't explain crossed Ella's eyes. "Jess told me I'm spoiled and that I should stop acting like a kid. I know what spoiled means. I asked mama about it. I don't want to be a spoiled kid so I didn't tell mama."

Chaeyoung's blood boiled. How dare that woman talk to Ella like that? Her anger must had been visible since Ella walked backwards.

"I'm sorry. I'm not mad at you. I'm mad at Jess, that woman. Please don't think that it's true. I actually find you matured for your age." Chaeyoung eased the little girl.

"Was it a compelement?" Ella asked with curiosity written on her face.

Chaeyoung's heart beamed with happiness. "Yes. It's a compliment."

Ella smiled and hugged her legs. "I like you."

So do I.

~~~~

Yow! Rosé sang HARD TO LOVE in their concert! It's so good I think I'm gonna dieeeeee!