Love 10

Lisa and Jisoo was running for their life to reach Lisa's floor.

"Jennie's right. We're idiots." Jisoo was out of breath. "Why did we take the stairs when you have a freaking elevator?"

Lisa laughed. "Runs in the family, huh?"

"I hope Ella won't take after us." Jisoo replied but they both knew they didn't want that.

They were catching their breaths in front of Lisa's door. Lisa then punched the code and the scene that welcomed them put them in horror.

"What the heck, Lisa. Don't tell me your spawn is now a murderer?"

The little girl was running from the kitchen. Her hand was holding a fork, and the dress she was wearing was stained with red.

"Not blood. Not blood." Jisoo mumbled.

Ella's history of being a prankster made Jisoo thought of the worst. The little girl didn't even noticed them.

A woman came in after Ella. She was smiling. And it was contagious that the siblings found themselves smiling, too.

"Ella, come here. I promise, I'm not gonna do it again." Chaeyoung kept following the little girl who was still laughing.

"No! You're gonna tickle me again." The kid replied and rested her hands on her waist.

Chaeyoung leaned at wall. "I will not. I promise. Can you please stay in the kitchen for me?"

"Nope!" Ella answered, teasing the older.

"You don't want Leo to finish it all, do you? Your mama won't be able to taste your spaghetti meatballs."

So that was what the stain was. It was all spaghetti sauce. Jisoo heaved a sigh of relief.

"Oh. I don't want that. Where are you going though?"

Chaeyoung pointed at her own bedroom. "I'm going to get a shirt for you. I ruined your dress."

"But you didn't. It was me. It was an asicdent. I didn't mean to drop the plate. I'm sorry." Ella said with worry itched in her little voice

Lisa and Jisoo's eyes glistened. They both witnessed Ella grew. They knew her playful side that oftentimes lead to trouble. Some of their relatives said the girl was a handful. To had watched Ella taking the responsibility was new, and they felt like they were amazing guardians.

It was when Chaeyoung was about to shake her head that the two announced their presence.

"Mama! Aunt Chu! Me and Chaeng cooked!" Ella ran to Lisa and hugged her mother.

Lisa was happy to pick Ella up, forgetting about the stain on her daughter's dress.

"Uhm. Lisa..." Chaeyoung called. "Stain." She pointed the now stained white blouse of her.

Lisa mouthed an "O", which Ella giggled.

"Hi, Chaeyoung. So you met the devil's spawn." Jisoo hugged Chaeyoung.

Jisoo felt a fist on her leg and mumbled a soft "ouch".

"I'm not a devil, Aunt Chu. I'm human."

"I said spawn." Jisoo rolled her eyes but then picked up Ella. "Aunt Chu missed you a lot. How's your vacation? You ready to start your school already?"

"I will be in kindergarten this year. What's to be ready?" Ella frowned. "I will have to watch kids crying like a baby."

Jisoo laughed. "Oh so you're now 50, huh?" She tickled the little girl.

Lisa was not herself. Chaeyoung could easily see how uncomfortable she was.

Jisoo looked at them and smiled. "C'mon, Ella. I want to see what mess you did in the kitchen."

Now that they were alone, the silence was deafening.

"Uhm. You have a wonderful daughter." Chaeyoung started. She stared at Lisa who sighed right away.

"I'm so sorry, Chaeyoung." Lisa apologized and walked towards her. "It was on honest mistake. It slipped out of mind. I was so occupied about everything."

"You don't need to apologize. You have a lot on your plate and I added to it."

Lisa's eyes widened. "No! You're never like that. My life was okay but it got better when I met you. Please don't say that." She held both Chaeyoung's hands and kissed the back of them.

"Mine, too. But I didn't mean about this luxury." Chaeyoung cleared.

Lisa smiled. "I know. You're not so subtle about it." They shared a knowing smile. "Are we okay?"

"We didn't even fight. I wasn't mad, you know."

"I know, but you deserved the apology. It won't gonna happen again. Now that I think about it, I know it was overwhelming when my mother and daughter just appeared. My mom's get too much of a nosy. So I expected she drained you by asking a lot of questions. And my daughter... Well, she has a lot of energy."

"It was. I mean it was overwhelming at first. I'm still not comfortable with strangers popping out of nowhere. Uhm. I have to apologize. I might have rejected your family to let them inside your place."

Lisa pulled Chaeyoung to a hug. "Thank you. You protected our home from practically strangers to you. And I'm sorry. I didn't know they're coming back today."

Chaeyoung returned the hug. "I like your mom. Is it possible that I already adore your daughter?"

Lisa smiled. "The Manobans and Kim adore you back."

"That's so lovely to see." Cici entered the place and the two broke their embrace. "I went down to shop for some things for Ella. That little girl grows out of her clothes a little too fast than I like." She kissed Lisa's cheek and did the same thing to Chaeyoung which the latter blushed. "I'm starving."

Lisa looked at Chaeyoung and smiled. "And my mom's already fond of you, huh."

"Your daughter might worship the ground she walks on some of these days. She's not hard to love, I can say." Cici gave a knowing smile to Lisa.

~~~~