Love 2

A little pinky finger slowly tapped the bed cover, another movement from the rest of them followed. Not able to recognize the soft texture, grabbing is the next option to confirm the intuition.

I'm still alive, she thought.

Slowly, she tried to open her eyes but failed to do so, hence, she mentally cursed. Next option was to move her toes, which she successfully accomplished with a slight approval from herself.

Okay, I'm really alive, she thought again. Maybe my eyes were now ready. Her lashes started to move but failed . I guess not.

Chaeyoung tried to move her fingers around, clutching the soft blanket she was under. Am I in the hospital? Try to remember, Chaeyoung.

Okay, these are soft. Definitely not in the hospital. She heaved a sigh of relief at her luck. Being alive is a good start. Another five minutes of sleep wouldn't hurt, would it?

~~~~

It hurt. It all hurt. Every part of her body hurt. Park Chaeyoung opened her eyes slowly. White ceiling. She tried to roam her eyes again. A room, definitely a room. Gray bed covers, an organized shelf, something fluffy- curved ball and heavy on her feet; a cat. Wait, a cat?

Right on cue, the cat moved to her stomach and sit. He's definitely judging me. Those eyes are very judgmental.

"Move," her voice came out hoarse. "W-water," she said to the cat and the cat just stared at her -- a very bored stare --  and lied down. Great.

She tried to sit but the pain on her stomach started to announce its existence. She had given up so the next move was to look around for something that could help her situation in any way possible. Her eyes was fixed on the bedside table and found a glass of water, a tangerine, a tablet which she was sure a tylenol, and a muffin that made her stomach rumble in hunger. Then it hit her. She can't even remember the last time she had eaten a proper meal.

Much to her surprise, with a few grunts and cries, she was able to pull herself for a little leverage. She reached for the glass of water her body was begging for. And a muffin.

~~~~

"Wait. Are you telling me there's a woman in your apartment? Now? As in right now?" Jisoo asked. She was walking around the office, bewildered was an understatement.

"Don't make it a big deal." The woman in front of Jisoo replied nonchalant. She was sorting out the papers that she will bring home.

"I'm making it a big deal? Are you freaking kidding me? You," Jisoo pointed the woman, "brought a stranger. Let me repeat it, A STRANGER in your apartment! Why wouldn't I make it a big deal? You didn't even tell me your address for a month after you bought it!"

"So this is about that again? C'mon, Jis. Move on."

"I won't."

"Okay. I won't push you to it. But I'm going home. Bye."

"Is she pretty?" Jisoo asked before the door was closed. "That little shi--puppy. Or kitten. Yeah, just kitten." She murmured and went out of the office.

~~~~

Park Chaeyoung was about to reach for the glass of water when the door suddenly opened. She stopped moving, surprised for the presence of the person who surely saved her life. She slowly retreated her hand, still didn't look at the person on the doorway.

She heard the foot steps coming to her, stopped on the right side of the bed where she was half-lying. She looked down and saw the shoes. A woman. She jolted when the glass of water popped in front of her and mumbled a soft "Thank you" which she sure was unheard.

"Just a little. You don't want to get in trouble later, do you?"

Chaeyoung closed her eyes. The voice was sweet. Home. She opened her eyes abruptly with her thought.

"Are you okay?" The woman asked. "Silly me, of course you're not." She mumbled more to herself.

She tried to speak but her throat was still not in its best condition. Her struggle gone unnoticed so the woman saved her the second time.

"Don't push yourself. It's okay. You're okay. You are safe."

The statement warmed her so she looked up and found the most gorgeous pair of brown eyes she had ever laid her eyes on.

Those eyes.

"I'm Lisa."

Lisa.