Chapter 17 : Happy

I'm brushing through my hair after taking a shower and feeding Yusuf because I got absolutely drenched in rain, when Yusuf bursts out crying in the other room. I had just gotten him to sleep and it was getting late.

I head to walk out the door but Elias's arm stops me midway, "You go to bed and get some sleep."

"But what ab-."

"You did the giving birth part, I do the staying up all night caring for him part." He kissed my forehead. "Good night love." He heads to Yusuf.

My eyes are practically closing to I jump straight into bed and knock out.

-

"Elias he can't eat that." I scold Elias as he tries giving Yusuf a piece of scrambled egg.

"Why not?" Elias asks obliviously.

"Because at this age they can only drink milk from their mom. Now give him here to me." I take Yusuf from him as we continue eating breakfast at the dining table.

It has occurred to me that Elias doesn't know much about babies. But I did once catch him doing research about them. So at least he's trying.

"Okay I'm running a little late so I should get going." Elias stands up to button his suit. "But I want to hold my bud one more time." He takes Yusuf from me.

After holding him for a moment, I hear a tiny burp from Yusuf and then worst comes to worst. Yusuf vomits all over Elias's suit.
"Holy -."

"No swearing around the baby!"

"But he literally just- "

"It doesn't matter, he's just a baby." I take Yusuf from Elias, "You're just a baby right." I coo. "Now let's get you all cleaned up." I boop Yusuf's nose.

"Hey what about me" Elias says as he fake frowns.

"You can do it yourself, go before you get late." I turn to Yusuf, "Cant daddy get himself cleaned up." And I carry him to the nursery.

I change the baby's diaper after I get him cleaned up. I feel an arm around my waste and squeak because I'm ticklish. "Elias." I whine.

"So here's the suspect who ruined my clothes." He points, Yusuf takes Elias's finger using his tiny hands and shoves it in his mouth. "Oh no, now I'm getting eaten alive by it."

I laugh before Elias softly kisses my cheek. "I'll see you tonight." And with that, he leaves for work. I feel butterflies erupt just like the good old days.

"Your daddy drives me crazy." I whisper to Yusuf, who is preoccupied with chewing on his own foot.

I'm laying on the sun chairs outside just as Agnus walks out, "Amara your package is available to pick up at the mall."

"Thats good, I also want to do some shopping for the baby. Do you think we'd be able to go to the mall together?"

"Well you can try asking Elias on the phone, I'm sure he'd probably listen to you." She suggests.

"Okay I'll do that." Agnus hands me her phone.

It rings for a bit and eventually Elias answers. "Can I go to the mall?"