CHAPTER 1: What is Happening?

Professor McCabe tapped lightly on the Chipmunks' and Chipettes' dormitory door.

Simon hopped off his bed to answer it.

"Professor McCabe!" he exclaimed. "W-what a surprise! What do I owe you the pleasure?"

He was speaking more formally than usual.

"Thank you, Simon. You are not needed at this moment in time. It is Jeanette I seek." She peered into the room, looking for her. "Jeanette?"

Jeanette, who was sitting cross-legged on her dorm bed, looked up from her prep in alarm.

"Oh, Professor McCabe! I'm sorry; I didn't see you there. Am... am I in trouble?"

"Doctor Octavius requests your presence. Please, come with me."

A wave of confusion overcame her, but she did as she was told, and followed the professor through, into a room that looked a lot like... a hospital operating theatre?

"JUST HOLD STILL!" Dr. Octavius yelled down her ear. "IT WON'T HURT A BIT!"

"AAAAAHHHH!!! LET GO OF ME! HELP!!!"

The two nurses pressed her down tightly onto the chair, and trapped her.

"IT'S JUST ONE SHOT! IT'LL BE OVER SOON!"

"STOP! STOP! PLEASE!"

Simon pressed his ear against the theatre door, hearing every wail and scream. He panicked.

"Jeanette? JEANETTE?!" He banged several times on the door, clearly pleading for the doctor to stop whatever he was doing. "Jeanette, ARE YOU OKAY?!"

The three-inch needle sank into Jeanette's flesh, as she slowly and gradually slipped into unconsciousness...