🌙The Party (louis)🌙

This one is another request for bwthib ! I put a bit of a spin on it, I had a bit of writers block. Hope you enjoy!:)

THIS IS AN AU

The lights were bright, flashing, and disorienting. His head was pounding. It felt as if his skull was being broken apart by ice picks. His stomach was in complete knots, and nothing sounded better than curling up in the quiet of his room, bundled in his cozy blankets.

Well, that was a lie. There was one thing that sounded better; being wrapped up in Harry's strong arms. Louis would give anything for that right now, anything including sitting on Harry's couch amidst the mass of sweaty bodies and loud music, hoping to be noticed.

Usually, Louis loved parties. Most of his weekends were spent at clubs or big house parties. The adrenaline he felt being surrounded with a sea of people all living in the moment... that was a feeling he didn't think he could ever grow tired of.

So, naturally, Niall's New Years Eve party a few months prior, was where he'd first met Harry. The tall, clumsy guy with the soft green eyes and bunny teeth smile... aka the guy who had been occupying every inch of Louis' brain ever since.

They hung out a few times after that, with mutual friends, and had gradually been getting to know one another.

And, well, with the more Louis got to know Harry, the more he fell for him. Which was how he ended up in this rather unfortunate predicament.

In the days leading up to Harry's party, Louis had been a complete ball of nerves. He hadn't stopped thinking about it. He'd been constantly debating what to wear, going over hypothetical situations in his head, and practicing flirting.

But in the end, all of his planning and prepping had backfired, because now here he was, at the much anticipated party, completely exhausted and suffering from a horrible migraine.

He'd been at Harry's house a full hour, and hadn't even seen him. Granted, he'd been sitting in the same spot on that damn couch ever since he'd arrived. He didn't want to get up from his claimed spot in fear it would be taken. Sure, maybe it would take longer for Harry to find him, but with how shitty he felt right now, he didn't mind. He closed his dreary eyes, and leaned back against the couch.

This sucked.

"Louis! Oh my gosh there you are!"

Louis' eyes peeled open at the sound of the familiar voice, and he smiled a little.

Harry.

"I didn't think you came!" He exclaimed, leaning down to give him a hug, before squeezing himself onto the crowded sofa next to him. "Are you not having a good time?"

"What? Oh no.. no it's not that at all," Louis replied rubbing at his temples.

Harry furrowed his eyebrows, "What is it then?" He asked.

"I just..." Louis sighed, looking a little defeated. "I have this killer migraine.. so I've been keeping to myself a bit is all."

Harry's features immediately softened and he put a hand on Louis' thigh. "You're not feeling well? Listen, I'm so happy you came but... why didn't you stay home to rest? Migraines don't mix so well with parties."

Louis giggled softly at the way Harry had just stated the obvious. "I know... I just. I wanted to be here." He shrugged, grateful for the lighting situation so he could hide his blush.

"Well.. I wanted you to be here too." Harry grinned. "You really should rest though... would you like me to drive you home? I don't think it's too safe to be driving with such a bad migraine."

"No, no it's alright. I wanna stay." Louis insisted, feeling extremely dizzy and weak, but he was with Harry.

Harry made it all worth it.

Harry rubbed at Louis' thigh, his hand still resting there. "Okay, well why don't you go lie down then? I can take you to the guestroom?"

"No... Harry it's alright I promise. I've been enjoying myself right here." Louis said, clearly lying. He'd been completely and utterly miserable up until the moment Harry found him.

Harry pursed his lips. "Hmmm well." He paused, "If you're going to stay here then, mind if I stay with you?"

Yes, yes Harry. Please stay. His mind begged.

"Yeah, sure," were the words that ended up escaping his mouth though, thankfully. He didn't want to seem desperate, even though he knew he kind of was.

"Okay, great." Harry smiled, and he meant what he said about staying with him. Harry sat by Louis' side the entire party, consistently asking if he felt okay and if he needed anything.

Louis would be lying if he said he wasn't enjoying it.

By the end of the night, Louis was dozing a bit on Harry's shoulder as the last few stragglers stumbled out of the house to their awaiting Ubers.

"Louis?" Harry whispered, and gently rubbed his back. "Hey, Lou... wake up."

"Mmmm?" Louis groaned, sitting up a bit and looking startled when he realized where he was. "Oh... oh my gosh. I'm sorry I stayed so long, I'll get going!" He stood up, a bit too fast, and with his dizzying migraine he nearly fell.

Harry's fast reflexes saved the day though, and he quickly caught him. Holding him by the waist, he carefully helped him sit down again. "Hey.. careful. There's no rush. I was just waking you to see if you wanted to go lie down somewhere more comfortable now that the party is over."

"Oh," Louis blushed. "It's alright, I appreciate that, but I really should go."

"Why? Do you have anything in the morning?" Harry asked, being pretty straightforward.

"I... no... I just- I don't wanna impose-"

"Nonsense." Harry shook his head. "You're not feeling well, just stay here. I wouldn't mind the company anyway."

Louis opened his mouth to reply, but Harry spoke again. "Your company especially." He admitted.

Louis froze. Did he hear what he thought he heard? "Wait... what?" He asked, a bit flustered, not believing his ears.

"Oh shit... I hope I didn't just make things awkward..." Harry apologized, it was his turn to blush, "I just.. I thought now was a good time to tell you since we're alone and all... I really like you Louis. I think I've been falling for you for a while..."

Louis was speechless. His aching head was all fuzzy and muddled and he was trying to come up with the words to say. The words to tell him that he felt the same.

Harry was rambling again before Louis could speak though. "You don't have to say anything. I'm sorry if I just made things really uncomfortable...I just-"

Louis cut him off by putting a hand on his cheek, and planting a kiss to his lips.

"Louis..." Harry breathed out softly. He hadn't been expecting that.

"What? You said I didn't have to say anything..." Louis whispered, a shy smile on his lips.

Harry chuckled, and leaned into him, their lips pressing against each other once more.

Harry started to kiss a little more intensely, but Louis gently pushed back with a whimper. "Could we maybe continue this tomorrow? Listen... I really want to. Just my head.."

Harry's eyes widened and he immediately facepalmed, "oh of course! Your head. Im so sorry love, let's get you to bed. Would you like some Tylenol? I'll get you an ice pack too..."

Louis just smiled softly, closing his eyes and leaning against his chest. "That sounds wonderful... thanks Harry."

Hey guys! There's another one! Sorry if it wasn't the best, I was a little stuck but yeah:) more to come soon! If you have requests just drop them in the comments!:)