🌤 cancer (louis) 🌤

Hi guys! This is a request for nouisismyfav hope you enjoy. This one is a sensitive topic so this is your warning.

"I'm tired Harry..." Louis said weakly, resting his head on Harry's shoulder as they sat in bed. He had a beanie on, always self conscious about the lack of hair.

"I know baby, you can go back to sleep." Harry said gently, "I won't mind."

"No... not like that." Louis said quietly, his hands trembled as he adjusted the blankets, because he was just so cold. All the time.

"What do you mean?" Harry asked, moving a little so that he could see Louis' sunken face. It always hurt to see, because it felt like every time he looked, the circles around Louis' eyes grew darker and darker.

"I mean... like..." Louis sighed, taking a few deep breaths, even breathing got tiring sometimes. "Of this... of chemo, of cancer... it's so exhausting."

"Oh baby.... I know. It'll be over before you know it, and you'll be back to your regular life. And we can do all the things you've been wanting to," Harry said, putting his hand on Louis' chest and rubbing gentle circles there.

"Harry... you know that's not guaranteed. My body isn't handling the chemo the way it's supposed to... you know they're going to stop if my next scan doesn't show improvement." Louis said quietly. He had always been one to look on the positive side, but lately, that spark inside him had dimmed.

"Louis... please don't talk like that. It'll be okay, it will." Harry said, more so trying to convince himself of that at this point.

"I'm just trying to be realistic Harry. We can't pretend that this is just some sort of bug. Because it's not. It's cancer Harry. Fucking cancer." The words he spoke had started off angry, but by the end of his outburst, his voice was just weak and sad.

Harry's eyes welled up with tears. "Oh.. Louis..." he spoked softly, pulling Louis onto his lap and holding his fragile body close. He'd become skin and bones, and couldn't keep a thing down lately.

Louis couldn't stop shivering as Harry held him closely. He was all layered up as well as wrapped up in blankets, but he just couldn't stay warm.

"How about some soup? You need to eat something, and it could warm you up." Harry suggested.

"I'll just throw it up Harry," Louis replied wearily. It felt like they went round and round in circles over this topic, and he knew that in the end he's still end up trying to eat.

And sure, he had his meal replacement drinks he had every morning, but the doctor was always saying real food would always be best if he could handle it.

"Can you just try? Please?" Harry asked.

He was so so desperate to keep Louis in as healthy a state as possible, and Louis found it quite sweet, but it was also so tiring.

Sometimes he wondered if he'd even be trying at all to get through this if it weren't for Harry.

The thing Louis had learned, was that when you're this sick, day in and day out, sometimes eternal sleep just sounds better.

~

"Alright honeybee," Harry said softly, walking into the room again after making Louis' soup. "I've got your lunch. It's just broth, nothing that should be too hard on your tummy. The sodium will do you good though."

Louis nodded a little, he couldn't find the strength in him to talk right now, the conversation earlier had worn him out. It was one of his worst days and Harry could tell.

Louis tried to sit up, but it was just too hard right now. Harry carefully set the bowl on the nightstand, and helped Louis sit up, propping him comfortably against the pillows. He pressed a gentle kiss to Louis' chapped, slightly cracked lips. "You're so beautiful," he whispered, cupping Louis' hollow cheeks in his warm hands. "And I love you so much."

Louis tipped his head forward a little, pressing his forehead against Harry's. "Love you too..." he managed to whisper.

They stayed like that for a moment and then Harry grabbed the broth, stirring it a little bit. "Here sweet one, open up for me." Harry said softly, scooping up a spoonful and holding it to Louis' lips. He was just far too shaky and tired to eat it himself right now.

It was a slow process, Louis was so tired and kept nodding off a bit. Harry wanted to just let him sleep, but he was trying to keep him eating like the doctor had suggested. Even if it was just broth, he felt like it counted for something.

Louis' eyes were all droopy and tired when he finished, and he just sat there all blearily as Harry wiped up his chin.

"Alright Lou, do you wanna lay down again? Try and sleep?" Harry asked, as Louis was still sitting up against the pillows.

He nodded sleepily, but the process of laying down shook up his insides a bit. He felt the broth he'd just eaten slosh inside him, and couldn't help what happened next.

A sickly burp forced itself out of him, a mouthful of broth following that and landing on his chest. He immediately looked up at Harry with sad eyes and shook his head apologetically.

"Hey, hey it's okay honeybee." Harry kissed his shoulder. "Are you gonna be sick again?"

Louis nodded pitifully, and Harry grabbed the sick bin that had taken up an permanent residence on the nightstand.

He set the bin in Louis lap, and then physically held him up as his body lurched and trembled with each heave.

"It's alright baby... just let it up." He soothed. At this point, he was starting to think that having him try to eat anything other than his shakes was probably just unnecessary, because he just couldn't keep it down and ended up in more misery. Hell, half the time he struggled to keep his meal replacement shakes down.

When Louis finally finished, he leaned back against Harry, taking shuddery breaths as tears trickled down his cheeks.

"Oh baby..." Harry said sadly, moving the sick bin and laying Louis down, getting him tucked under the sheets. He wiped his tears with his thumbs, and just gazed down at him for a moment.

Louis offered up a small smile and then closed his eyes, he could hardly stay awake.

And, if he was going to continue this fight, he needed the sleep.

Once Harry heard soft snores coming from his sweet boyfriend, he planted a soft kiss to his forehead and turned out the lights. He had to clean up the sick bin and do the dishes, but he felt at peace knowing his love, his precious Louis, was only an earshot away.

Well that's it, another one down:) I hope you enjoyed. Next up is a part 2 to Louis Anorexia, which a few people asked for. If you have a request, feel free to drop it below or message me and I can add it to my list! <3 Bella