Chapter 3

Armin's POV

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Eren stood in front of me as I slipped my boots on.

"Positive." I responded, smiling wildly. He took my hand in his as we walked to the mess hall for breakfast. We entered the room and suddenly all the chattering stopped and was replaced with murmers and whispers.

"Uhm... Everyone. We have something to say. Uhm..." Eren stuttered, tightening his grip on my hand. I laughed slightly at his awkwardness.

"Just say it, Eren." I whispered.

"Say what though? That's the problem." He whispered back. I sighed and spoke up.

"Everyone. Me and Eren are together and uhm.... Yea." I rubbed the back of my neck. We heard a squeal and growing footsteps. Hanji grabbed my arms and spun me in circles laughing the whole time.

"You boys just made me 15 dollars richer! Thank you!" She kissed our cheeks and ran to Mike.

"Pay up!" She demanded as he handed her money. I laughed as Eren wrapped his arm around my waist. I looked around the room and saw Reiner's disgusted face at us. I smiled lightly at him and he looked away. Mikasa pushed past us, bumping her shoulder into mine, and stormed out of the dining hall.

"I hate her being mad at me..." I whispered slightly to Eren.

"Its ok she'll get over it " He sighed. I looked at the table where the squad leaders and higherups sit and saw Levi sighing and shaking his head. One of the members of his new squad patted his shoulder and gave a sympathetic smile. The smaller man stood up and left the building, not making any eye contact with anyone.

"What's his deal?" The man who had tried to comfort Levi asked Hanji.

"Oh. He doesn't like it when people try to get together because uhm... He tried once and.. Uh... She was smashed against a tree by the female titan." Hanji explained, looking depressed about the situation herself.

"Oh. I'm sorry I didn't know." He apologized.

"Its ok. He'll be better in by dinner." She sighed and gave him a smile, and rested a hand on his shoulder and walked out.

"So that's why he doesn't want us together. Its because of-" I started to explain but Eren cut me off.

"Petra...." He whispered.