:.oblivious

Season: -
Episode: -

This is part 2 to the chapter called "Friends". This part was requested by: AriSapphire please enjoy <3

-
Flashback:

"Y/N," Sherlock said annoyed. "could you pick that up." you kept walking, ignoring his comments. You walked out the door, grabbing your coat. You looked back at him, tears rolling down your cheeks. You wanted to make a comment, but decided to keep your mouth shut. You kept walking, down the stairs. You weren't planning to return any time soon

You left Sherlock alone the apartment, confused with a growing worry. But you didn't notice nor care anymore.

He wasn't your friend after all.
-
Sherlock looked at his phone, softly tapping his desk with his other hand. It had been a week since you had stormed out of the house. Empty handed, all you had taken was your purse. Sherlock hadn't heard anything from you. No calls, no emails, no letters. Not even a text to tell him how you were doing. The events had left Sherlock confused. He remembered your words clearly. Rude and a jerk. That was what he was to you? He couldn't possibly understand your dramatic outburst. All he did was state facts, you were not his friend. He had only known you for a short period of time.

"Sherlock?" John woke Sherlock from his thoughts. He lifted his head and looked at John. He was sitting in his armchair, holding todays newspaper. Sherlock had finished his investigation some time ago and John had returned. He had enjoyed his time away, but was also happy to be back in his own appartment. When he arrived home, he had found no sign of you. All he had seen were your belongings in the bedroom. He had tried to ask Sherlock what had happened, but without any luck. Sherlock seemed confused and distracted, but pushing him wouldn't take him anywhere.

"Is something wrong?" Sherlock just sighed in annoyance. John had been questioning him ever since he got home about Y/N. He had no answers to your questions. He didn't knew where you were and were confused about what had happened. All he knew was that he was starting to get worried. He wasn't used to having no contact with you. You used to annoy him all the time with the constant text messages, the stories about any minor incontinence in your life and the care you expressed over him. Annoying, but he had actually started to miss it.

"Listen, John," Sherlock sighed. "This interrogation isn't going to get you anywhere. I am fine." John rolled his eyes. Stubborn as ever. If only he knew how much better it would make him feel to for once express his emotions. John knew he could be of much help.

"If you're fine," John said, putting his newspaper away. "Then why are you constantly staring at your phone? And why are you tapping the table, it is pretty annoying." John leaned forward, curious to see how Sherlock would react. The look in Sherlock's eyes shifted from neutral to... worried?

"I have never seen you looked so worried before," John continued. "Why don't you tell me what happened? Maybe I can help you." Sherlock threw his phone on the table in front of him and brought his hands up to his face. He placed his fingers on his temples and closed his eyes for a moment, contemplating what to do next. After a moment of silence, he finally spoke.

"Fine," he sighed. He got up from his desk and walked towards John. He sat down on the couch in front of him and leaned back. He took a deep breath and looked at John. John slowly leaned back, placing his elbows on the arms of the chair.