.:quarter to twelve

Part 1, part 2 will be uploaded a few days later :)

Season: -
Episode: -

Requested by: @scoutsofty Thank you so much for requesting! I spend a lot of time researching to perfect the oneshot. It has been a while since I got an new request, so I was super excited. I hope you can see my efford and I hope you'll enjoy!

!!! IMPORTANT!!!
Just a bit of insiged on this oneshot:

° I took my time to find a case that was written in the original books, but never used in the show for this oneshot.

°I worked so many details out that I had to split it in two parts :(

°In this case Sherlock travels to Surrey (located near Kent), but i decided to keep it closer to home and write as if it took place in London. I also changed some things up, so if you see it does not completely seems like the original case, it's on purpose :)

°The name of the case is "The Reigate Puzzle" if you ever want to look up any more details or maybe even read the story :)

°There will first be a lot of information given on the case, please sit through it so the story can make sense to you!

°This oneshot is longer than a oneshot I usually write, so I hope it will bring you joy!

Thanks for taking your time to read it and I hope you enjoy!
-
You impatiently sat on the sidewalk, tapping your feet on the stones. Sherlock has just gone into the  Cunninghams estate and hadn't returned just yet.

The Cunninghams were the two main suspects in the recent case you, Sherlock and John had been investigating. There were a number of break-ins happening all across London. Nothing of value was taken, which made Sherlock seem uninterested at first. However, at the most recent break in a man was killed. His name was William Kirwan.

Lestrade was immediately put on the case, but it didn't take long for Sherlock to show up. He was eager for a case and happened to hear of this murder through someone he knew. Lestrade had accepted his help and of course, he had started to investigate quickly.

He didn't work alone. He had John with him as his assistent, or better to say best friend, and he had asked you to come with him aswell. You were an old friend of John. After some troubles at home he had told you to move in with him and Sherlock. You were immediately intruged by Sherlock and the way he approached his cases. Never had you seen a man more brilliant than him. You admired him more than anyone else in your life.

At first, Sherlock was highly against you moving in with him, but that didn't stop you. You moved in rather quickly and spend most of the nights sleeping on the couch until you were ready to get a new appartement. Despite the resistance from Sherlock you had become great friends with him. You would listen to him go on and on about his quoted "useless cases" and would spend hours trying to get to know him. Unfortunately it was hard to figure him out, but you were getting there.

You had been following his work through the stories John told you and you were excited you could finally see him in action. That's why you immediately agreed when he asked you to come with him to work on a case. Never had you imagined that he would ask you to come with them. It was like a dream come true.

"This is taking so long," Lestrade sighed as he leaned against the building. He and John were standing behind you, waiting for Sherlock to come back. John had a small notebook in his hand, which you had used to keep the details of the case clear. He was reading the details in silence.