Saturday Night at The Movies

I love you and I need you
Nelly, I love you, I do
Need you
No matter what I do
All I think about is you
Even when I'm with my boo
Boy, you know I'm crazy over you
No matter what I do
All I think about is you
Even when I'm with my boo
You know I'm crazy over you
I met this chick and she just moved right up the block from me and uh
She got the hots for me, the finest thing I need to see
But oh, no, no, she got a man and a son though oh
But that's okay 'cause I
Wait for my cue and just listen, play my position like a shortstop
Pick up everything mami hittin'
And in no time
I plan to make this one here mine
And that's for sure 'cause I
I never been the type to, break up a happy home but uh
There's something bout baby girl I just can't leave alone
So tell me ma what's it gonna be? She said
You don't know what you mean to me
No matter what I do
All I think about is you
Even when I'm with my boo
Boy, you know I'm crazy over you
No matter what I do
All I think about is you
Even when I'm with my boo
You know I'm crazy over you

Duetting with Lou in the middle of our car being washed is one of the reasons I believe in the saying, that the best things in life are free.
Ever since last weekend, there has been a new lease of life breathed into the household. Louisa has still got the same gleaming smile plastered on her face that she had when Laura gifted her that trinket box. It made me realize how much Lou has missed out on, not having a steady permanent maternal figure in her life. Even her class teacher has commented about her change in attitude towards her work as well as a sudden interest in music. Especially the piano. Things seem to be heading in the right direction on that front, Mel seems to have quietened down for now too. Laura and Lou have developed a FaceTime routine every night before bedtime, I'm barely getting a chance to say hello let alone have a full blown conversation with her. It does make me happy to see them getting on so well. Laura has invited us to her sons twentieth birthday party in a few weeks, I'm still contemplating it. Not knowing how I'm going to be introduced. Things are progressing at a great pace with us even though we still haven't had sex yet. I was hoping to whisk her away on a romantic weekend to Centre Parcs, a nice cosy log cabin to get the juices flowing. 

"Daddy, are you going to buy me some jelly tots?" Lou asks, pursing her lips.

"Depends on whether you're going to continue to be a good girl in school," I glance back at her.

"I promise, daddy. Can you also buy me some piano lessons?" She says demurely, banging her Barbies head against the back of my seat.

"What do you want those for?" I scoff. "Your uncle can teach you." I wind down the window, jumping out of the car to pay the attendant. I hand him the ten quid that I owe, as he scratches his forehead in irritancy.

"Everything ok?" I cough, looking from him to his big burly manager in the office.

"Bro, it's fifteen pound," he points his oil stained hand towards the sign flapping at the entrance. It confirms what he's just told me.

"Mate, I'm really sorry," I rummage through my pockets, praying that I have some coins to make up the difference. All I find is a few receipts and a Lego piece, God knows how that ended up in my jacket. "I hate to do this to you guys, can I just do an I Owe You for next time?" I suggest, much to the annoyance of the guy in front of me.

"Suppose so," he huffs begrudgingly.

"Thanks dude, I'm a regular," I remind him, swivelling around and getting back in the car.
I glance down at the cup holder, a wad of crisp new fifty pound notes are bundled neatly in a blue elastic band on the top.