Nothing Lasts Forever

"Awe, Sam look how cute they are!" A feminine whisper fills my dreams as I snuggle closer to the warmth around me.

"Sarah, be quiet that's not a whisper," this time I hear a sigh come from the other person.

I must be dreaming, no one can get into our room but us. However, the voices sound so close and so familiar.

"Oh wow look how tight he's holding her? I can't believe they've grown so close this quickly!" The female voice utters in awe.

A couple of footsteps come closer before I hear the male voice again, "you're right! Look at these two!" The whispering only gets louder as the voices grow in excitement.

"Sam, get away from their bed, we came for toilet paper remember?" The female's voice void of all excitement now sounds harsh as it moves away from the bed.

"Ya, ya, I'm looking for some." The male voice follows the other.

"Remind me again why we couldn't get some from Anthony's room or better yet call the front desk?"

"Because Anthony threatened to rip my balls off and the stupid receptionists never bring the right kind." The male voice criticizes the female as it seems to disappear into another room.

"And you seriously think Derek won't do the same thing or even something worse?" The female scoffs.

What kind of dream is this? I don't want to wake up in fear that I'll lose the comfortable hold I'm in.

"Well, I don't plan to get caught thank you very much."

"Just hurry up, I feel bad for ruining their peace." The female voice is laced with worry now.

"Relax I found some, oh, they have lotion too..." unlike the female, the male's voice is rather elated by his findings.

"You're an idiot Sam."

"I love you too Sarah."

"Awe, Sam look! He's holding her tighter now. This is so freaking cute, I'm so happy for them." 

The female voice speaks up again moments later after some silence, "Sam, how much lotion did you grab?"

"What? These bottles are small and my skin dries out quickly. Maybe if your nice I will share some with you." The male voice is closer now as it joins with the female nearby.

"Let's go before they wake up."

"Lead the way m'lady."

"Sam! No watch the-"

There's a loud bang at the front of our room which pulls me from my bizarre dream. Still really tired, it takes a second to adjust my eyes to the bright light in our room.

Derek jolts upright protectively covering my entire body with his as he growls threateningly towards our intruders. His eyes are a much darker green as his teeth elongate into a partial transformation into his wolf.

He looks like he's ready to kill someone.

Once his eyes land on Sam who seems to be as pale as a ghost, Derek clenches his jaw in irritation.

"Sam, what are you doing in here? Actually, I don't care. I'll give you two seconds to get out of our room," Derek grinds out still keeping my body covered with his.

From what I can see, Sam is holding all of our room's complementary soaps and lotions in his arms and a stray toilet paper roll sits at his feet.

"I'm sorry man, Sarah and I ran out of toilet paper so we needed to borrow some...wait where'd she go?" Sam looks behind him only to find our bedroom door partially opened with no Sarah to be found.