A Promise

Light rays peeking through the tan curtains next to me dance across my face pulling me from my comfortable sleep. Rolling to my back I stretch my arms and legs outward giving my muscles a chance to fully wake up. 

Memories from last night quickly rush back to me. With a smile growing on my face I bring my fingers to my lips remember the kiss Derek and I shared last night. It feels like I can still taste his warm lips on my own. 

Speaking of Derek, I wonder if he's awake. 

Is he thinking about me?

Deciding to give our relationship a chance has lifted a massive weight off my shoulders. My whole life I dreamt of meeting my soulmate and spending the rest of our lives together. Having that special someone who will love and cherish you no matter what is something everyone should have in their life. Just the thought of our possible future gives me butterflies. 

I know it'll take time for us to fully love each other, but if he's willing to try so am I.

A gentle knock on the door breaks me from my thoughts as I sit up in the comfy bed. The cream sheets fall to my waist as Derek peeks his head around the door. Upon seeing me awake, a bright smile appears on his face as he walks all the way in with a plate in hand. 

"I thought I heard movement in here. Good morning, princess," The smell of chocolate floods my senses as Derek sits on the bed next to me with two warm pop tarts on a paper plate. "This is the best I could find in the pantry. Now that the storm's passed, we can head home when you're ready."

A blush rises up my neck and cheeks from the heat of his stare. "Thanks," I reach for a pop tart before taking a big bite out of a corner. "Have you eaten anything this morning?" I meet his gaze as he shakes his head no. 

I push the plate back towards his chest, "eat the other half. I can't have my driver hungry," I tease taking another large bite from the chocolate chip pop tart. 

Derek chuckles while taking the other half and eating beside me. 

"I've also washed and dried our clothes from yesterday. I figured we shouldn't return to the pack wearing Christmas pajamas," he nudges my shoulder with his while enjoying my presence. 

Licking the remaining chocolate off my fingers I send him a look, "what a shame, I find your holiday clothing rather appealing and comfortable."

Once again his gentle chuckle fills the room as he puts the paper plate aside and returns his warm hand to my sheet-covered leg. 

Tingles rush through my body at the sweet gesture as I tie my hair into a ponytail. Noticing the sudden silence in the room I look back to Derek who's looking down at his hands clearly nervous about something.  

"What's wrong," I lean my head down to get a better look at his beautiful features. I can tell he wants to say something but he's unsure if asking is the right option. 

I place my hand over his larger one on my knee before giving it another squeeze, "whatever it is you can tell me. Remember I'm here for you as you are here for me," I send him a hopeful smile which seems to relax him some. 

"Bella..." Derek takes a second to collect his thoughts, "how would you feel about marking each other right now?" He worriedly looks up at me. 

My heart suddenly begins to pound in my chest. Did someone turn the air off in here?

He wants to mark me? So soon? This is happening so fast. Just yesterday we were at each other's throats. What if this is a big mistake? Am I ready to go to the next step with him so soon?