3 장=Sweet Talk And Sugar-Coated Bullets

IU blushed and replied, I also want to know when I got married. Weve known each other for a long time. As you know, I havent even had a boyfriend yet.

She then pointed to her latest CT scan results, I dont see any blood clots in my brain, so there shouldnt be any problems with my memory.

Ji-yeon waved her hands and ruined her friends positivity, You can never be certain. As you know, the human brain is the most mysterious organ in our body. Its very complex and it has many strange and unique problems that science has yet to solve.

IU suddenly felt like she was being dangled in mid-air.

After a moment of silence, she gently mumbled, In that case, did I actually lose my memory?

Ji-yeon revealed a dull smile as she spread her palms, gesturing that she was of no help, Your medical skills are better than mine. If you dont know, then how could I know?

All of a sudden, Ji-yeons eyes lit up, Maybe you should ask your teacher. But, your teacher is quite strange. Hes usually so good to you, yet he hasnt visited you in the hospital this entire time.

IUs gaze slowly sank.

She was also curious why her teacher hadnt visited her. Where had he gone?

After Grandfather He passed away, the two of them relied on each other.

If something happened to her, her teacher would definitely visit.

Was it possible that he was missing because of her older uncles family?

IU realized that she had to leave the hospital as soon as possible to find out where her teacher went and what happened while she was in a coma for half a month.

She didnt want to wait for Lisa to pick her up.

Nor did she want her auntie and the pretty boy to return with their brainwashing.

So, before any of that happened, she asked Ji-yeon to help her with her discharge papers and left on her own ahead of time.

...

It was almost dusk, but people continued to come and go from the hospital and it was still noisy and busy.

Jungkook held onto a bunch of roses and looked at IUs auntie with a frown, Why dont we forget it and think of another plan. Lee ji-eun doesnt seem like shes easy to trick.

The old aunt placed a ring into Jungkooks hand and scoffed, How can we give up like this? Weve already gotten this far, what else can we do? We cant let that random man take the advantage. Let me tell you, if you dont marry lee ji-eun, you wont get a cent from us and we wont help you pay any of your debts.

Jungkook scowled and muttered, Its not like she actually lost her memory...

The old aunt did not look pleased when she heard this and immediately cut in, Shut up!!

Jungkook realized he had spoken out of line, so he lowered his voice and added, She never believed a word we told her and she never acknowledged me as her fiance. Now that another mans claiming to be her husband, its already too late for me to propose. We shouldnt have said I was her fiance from the start; we should have just said I was her husband.

That man must be after the same thing as us. He must be here because of Yueming Hall. Yueming Hall was the clinic that Grandfather Kim left for IU and Kim taehyung.

As the old aunt spoke, she gave Jungkook a nudge, Dont worry, your proposal will definitely work. Dont forget what profession youre in. Im sure she likes sweet talk.

Jungkook smiled proudly. The old aunt was right; what woman didnt like sugar-coated bullets ?

Besides, Jungkook had a decent appearance, so he didnt mind playing with her for a little bit.

As soon as IU stepped out of her ward, she saw the pretty boy and her auntie standing in front of a flower bed.

The pretty boy had a bunch of roses in his hands that looked exactly the same as the bunch that Lisa brought her earlier.

IU subconsciously turned her body to avoid their gaze, but she was too late.

The old aunt spotted her from the corner of her eye and started calling from a fair distance away, IU, IU...

At the same time, Jungkook ran as quickly as he could towards her with the roses in his hands. He then kneeled on the floor with one knee and presented a ring to her, If the feelings of both eternal stay, why must they be together night and day...

Jungkooks sudden poem recital was so lame that it sent chills down IUs spine.

I always thought that love was like this poem. But, that was until you got hurt and fell into a coma. I dont regret that my clothes are loose because I suffer and languish for you willingly . Thats when I realized how much I loved you and that I couldnt lose you. You are my heart, my soul and my everything. I can only breathe with you by my side. Please marry me, IU. I will definitely make you the happiest woman on Earth!

Lee ji-eun got goosebumps all over her body.

This was too cheesy.

How could he propose by combining classic poetry with phrases often used on the internet?

Did her husband, Lisa Manoban, shock them too badly?

Were they afraid that Lisa coaxed her away and ruined their ridiculous plan?

What was her older uncles family up to and what benefits had they offered this pretty boy for him to willingly marry a stranger?

At this time, IUs auntie rushed over and said happily as she tried to catch her breath, IU, this is great! You and Jungkook can finally settle down together. This is so romantic. Marry him, marry him...

The old woman clapped her hands as she kept repeating her last two words.

Her cheerful chanting quickly drew some onlookers to join in, Marry him, marry him...

After all, witnessing two lovers end up together was a romantic and moving thing.

With the support of onlookers, Jungkooks smile grew bigger.

He looked gratefully at the people around them before he turned his loving gaze back to IU, Marry me, IU. I will continue to love you in the following 10, 20, 50 years and even in my next life and the life after that!

As IU listened to the voices around her, she felt like her head was being trampled by a herd of horses.

How could these nosy onlookers join in when they had no idea what the truth was?

But, the blame went to her auntie for being so calculative.

She was taking advantage of the situation to force her onto the wedding carriage and she was using the public to make it impossible for her to reject the proposal.

IU smirked and asked calmly, Did you graduate from drama or Chinese opera? This proposal performance was very vivid and realistic.

Between her unclear smile, there was a look of ridicule.

Jungkooks expression stiffened for a moment.

But, he quickly smiled again and said with increased sincerity, IU, I know youve lost your memory and you cant remember me. Im not sure if this proposal is a good representation of my love, but I can guarantee that Ill love you for the rest of my life. Marry me!!

IU looked at Jungkook in slight amusement and coldly gave her response, No!