A/N - "where have you been?"

Sophia Blackwell. August 22, 2022.

So... You know how my dad died on New Years of 2021? (It's okay, I wasn't even sad — he was a piece of shit)

Welp, that was just the tip of the trauma ice berg for the upcoming year!

As all of you know, Tala's backstory is loosely based on mine, and with that comes mental illness — LOL.

I had a pretty hard time towards the end of 2021, dealing with some pretty personal stuff regarding family and finally breaking off contact with them — not even including the fact that I was taking care of my little sister alone during the pandemic, all while my mom and older sister moved in with their boyfriends. I was in the hospital for a bit too and the police even got involved. I bounced places to places for a few months but I finally have my own apartment now! I'm living with my dog Bruno and my lovely boyfriend, it's crazy how different life is from when I had first started the "Saving Draco" series.

I turned 20 back in April this year! That's crazy! I was 18 when I started this.

Along with the traumatic events that have taken place recently, I've just been really busy with my job — just focusing on paying bills and rent. I've been traveling a lot too, spending time with friends and just trying to find purpose in life again.

I was in a manic state for a bit and ended up writing 9 songs within a week, kind of like how I wrote the first Saving Draco book within a week too.

Yeah I know, super unhealthy — but!

At least I got shit done!

I'm really hoping to release music this year.

Anyways, I just wanted to apologize for leaving abruptly without notice, then popping back in here after a year and a half to finally update and pretend like nothing happened.

I've still read every single comment since the beginning of 2021, still gushing over your reactions and votes. They all mean so much to me! Seriously!

I know that in the vast majority of things, 75k reads is not a lot — but I am still so so grateful for the support that I've gotten from readers, encouraging me to write more in the hopes to read more of my work.

So yeah, that's what I'm doing.

I'm finally writing again.