chapter eight

Tala. 186 days before May 4, 1999.

"Well done everyone," the Transfiguration Professor clapped. "Keep trying!"

As I kept trying to turn water into a bird as I sat on the stool next to Draco, a Hufflepuff girl tapped me on the shoulder and passed me a note.

Halloween party tomorrow night in the common rooms.

-Harry

I smiled as I read it, turning to Draco who was too busy trying to turn water into a bird too. I tugged on his robe, snapping him out of his focus.

"Yes Tiny?" Draco said sweetly, not looking at me.

"Halloween party tomorrow night," I told him as I handed him the note. "Gryffindor common room," I said hesitantly. "Wanna go?"

"You're joking right?" Draco scoffed as he shook his head, turning to me with a smirk on his face. "Absolutely not."

"You're so lame," I whined. "You can get to know them better, I hang out with your friends now too."

"Love, I promised to tolerate them," Draco chuckled as he reminded me sharply. "Not mingle."

Hehe, butterflies.

He called me love.

"Fine whatever," I muttered as my cheeks turned red, writing a note and blowing a paper crane towards Harry — letting him know that I was going. "Don't wait up for me tomorrow night."

Draco nodded his head, returning his focus as the Hufflepuff girl tapped me on the shoulder again and handed me another note.

Great, see you then :)

-Harry

Draco snatched the note out of my hand, muttering to himself as he read it. He wrapped his arm around my neck protectively, snapping his head toward's Harry's direction and shooting him a glare.

"That Potter better wipe that smirk off his chin," Draco said bitterly. "Bet you he's asking for me to kick his nose in again."

"Draco," I warned as I took his arm off me and grabbed his uniform's tie, pulling his face down to mine. "Play nice."

Draco only smiled smugly as I held onto his tie, our faces only inches apart. "I like it when you're feisty."

I let go of him at that, shaking my head down at our table as I smiled. "You're annoying."

"So are you," Draco bickered. "Like a ferret."

"Says you," I retorted, not looking at him before I teased him. "You're the one who got turned into one!"

"Who told you that!" Draco asked defensively, leaning his face in front of mine to meet my gaze.

"Ronnie," I chuckled as I looked to him, seeing his bowl of water turned into a little white bird.

"That Weasley will hear about—"

"Oh look sweetheart," I cut him off as I picked up the little bird and held it up to him. "It's you."

Draco's fair cheeks turned rosy at that, the little bird chirping happily as it stood on my finger. He wrapped his arm around my neck gently and lovingly this time, putting his finger up to mine and let the little bird jump on his. I started admiring him as he admired the bird himself, muttering about how annoying I was.