chapter twelve

Tala. 175 days before May 4, 1999.

      "For the last time Draco," I repeated myself. "Nothing happened! Harry and I are just friends!"

      "Oh yeah," he retorted. "Friends who fall sleep together? First that night in detention and now this!"

     "No!" I lied. "I told you, I was in the girl's dormitories last night!"

      "That makes no sense!" Draco shouted. "You said that it was just you and your friends. What about the other Gryffindor girls in the room?"

      He caught my lie.

      "You're not even listening to me! I said that I slept in the girl's dormitories with Hermione and Luna," I lied again, saving myself. "After we all hung out with the boys in their dorms."

      "Alright sure," Draco gave in as he scoffed. "You still lied about that white rose from last night. You said that you just 'picked it up on the way'," he said in a mocking American accent. "But that Potter handed it again to you during Potions, even bragging out loud that you left it in his room for everyone to hear! Do you know how humiliating that was for me!"

       "Alright fine!" I confessed. "I lied about the rose! Because I knew you were gonna act like this!" I pointed his chest forcefully with my finger. "What's the big deal!"

      "That means you saw him right before you saw me last night!" Draco shouted again.

      The sounds of our shouts began to echo the Forbidden Forest, the sunlight peaking through the trees as any creature nearby made sure to stay away. Too scared to come near us as we cursed and fought continuously.

       Draco made sure to grab my arm and drag me out here the moment Potions ended, leaving a dent on my arm from his ring and I already knew a big fight was waiting for me.

      "Yeah, I did!" I yelled honestly. "He apparated into the common room right before I met you, then he handed me the rose as a gift and left! That's it!"

      "You can't apparate in Hogwarts!"

      "Well Harry can! He's the chosen one!"

      "That just makes me trust your friendship with him even less!" Draco yelled, causing birds to flap away from the trees. "He's asking for another beating!"

      "Don't Draco! Seriously," I warned him dangerously, shooting him a glare. "If you hurt one of my friends again, I'll never forgive you. I mean it."

     Draco only scoffed at that, making me push him on the chest in frustration, my force pushing him to take a step back further on the dry leaves that have fallen on the ground.

      "I was lenient on you when you called Hermione by that name again," I started scolding him again. "Only because I knew that you didn't know better. But you've had a grudge against Harry from the moment you've met him!"

      "If you hurt him, you're just using me as an excuse," I added darkly. "We both know that."

      "Whatever," Draco scoffed. "I can't believe you're siding with that idiot Potter over your own boyfriend."

      "Well my boyfriend," I gritted through my teeth. "Is being an idiot too!"

      Draco stomped towards me and harshly took the white rose that Harry had given me out of my hand, despite my grip held tightly on it as he stole it. It caused some thorns to give me cuts but Draco didn't even care. He began to rip the petals off and stomped it into the ground, as if the flower was Harry himself.