Prologue

- - - - - Mum's Part - - - - -

November 5th, 2018

The influenza won't go easy on me.

Yeah, I have influenza. I didn't know that until I carried myself to the hospital because of the aches all over my body and the goddamn fatigue. Though it was fortunate enough that the flu that I have doesn't come with an extra nickname, the doctor suggested that I should get enough rest and isolate myself in order to prevent myself from spreading the virus to anyone else for like four or five days.

I was grounded as soon as my sister learned about this bad news. How cruel life could be to me as I have to stay only in this room, not allowed to get some drinks as I always do. Even the new pack of cigarettes was taken away.

Actually, I think it's not the illness that's going too harsh on me.

It's my baby bitchy sister.

So, since I have nothing else to do, I just keep myself in the bunk listening to music and playing games on my phone.

Then I doze off to dreamland.

And it all starts here, when I feel something soft touching the surface of my lips. It is so gentle that I can barely have a sense of or even pay attention to it, if only the touch weren't getting harder until it feels like my lips are being crushed.

Kissing. This must be kissing for real, and it is being done by an expert, and it lifts my heavy eyelids almost instantly.

Though I can't see clearly in darkness, I can smell a soft scent of a clean streak of hair stroking past the tip of my nose. I'm sure that I'm being raped by someone who's still making movements on my body. She kisses my neck, flipping the hem of my white T-shirt upward, and wipes her lips down my chest. She sweeps my soft spot with the tip of her tongue. Her actions are so irresistible that I moan.

I don't remember if I made an appointment with anyone since I'm not in a state to welcome any guests. Still, it is not a surprise to me; most of the girls I used to hook up with know where they can find me. Maybe... Maybe I forgot giving the keys to someone, so she easily got into my operation room with no need for an invitation.

But, please, don't tell my sister. She would kill me if she knew how I was so wasted and gave out my essentials like this.

I lift up my hand and pat on her silky hair.

Eh, it's short! Very short, as of regular men.

Finally, the uncertainty takes over. I really have no idea how a woman with such short hair would come to give me some excitement during this time. I reach for the switch and turn on the night lamp beside my bed. I expected to get an answer, but it gets me even more confused once the light is on and the person on my body looks up and locks eyes with mine.

It's really a man.

Well, that should've scared me, right? Because, one thing's for sure, he's never on my mating list and I've never slept with any man before. Neither have I ever thought about that.

But... why does it feel... so good?

I reckon he might be five years younger and about ten centimeters shorter than I am. He has thick brows yet sweet almond eyes. His nose bridge aligns very well to his oval face. His bow-shaped lips that were busy biting my nips seconds ago are flattery pink.

He straightens up a bit while still straddling me, then he takes off his jet-black shirt and throws it to the floor. That reveals his refined, light skin like a woman, except that it comes with bruises all over his torso. One of his arms is wrapped in light-colored elastic bandages from the wrist up to the elbow. I scrutinize further and notice a tiny stitched wound at the tail of his brow.