Chapter- 2

I open my eyes but still feel dizzy due to the injection. I see a huge chandelier just above my bed on which I am resting. 

I look around the room and it was a luxurious one. I turn to my left and get shocked because of the beautiful scenery. It was a huge floor-to-ceiling window and the whole city was visible through it. I try to get up but I see those handcuffs.

 I try to get up but I see those handcuffs

They gave me a red bruise around my wrist. Oh...Those bitches... But somehow I lifted myself.

I sat on the edge of the bed facing the window. But wait!!! ... Where am I?? That's when I realize I am kidnapped.

"If I was kidnapped, then I was supposed to be tied on a chair in an old and dark warehouse ....But here I am resting on a fluffy mattress and a room that seems too luxurious..!!!" I say to myself when I hear the door opening.

"Because I live in a penthouse and not in a warehouse Love..." 

Wait....this voice!!!....It can't be him?!! I swivel my head toward the door.

It can't be him?!! I swivel my head toward the door

"SHAW !!!... What are you doing here !!??.... I mean what am I doing here ??" I raise my voice a bit as I am totally shocked to see him. Owen Shaw...my Ex-boyfriend... ahmm, not actually ex because we never had a breakup.

Dude the man is still sexy ... Ahem... What am I thinking !!! He is still the same: a Mercenary. Yes, I used to love (maybe still am) a criminal and that too a deadly one.

I stood up from the bed.

"Relax Love.. calm down." He comes toward me with a smirk plastered on his face. 

"Don't tell me it was you who sent those men for kidnapping

"Don't tell me it was you who sent those men for kidnapping ." I will literally break him if he will continue smirking. But my hands are still tied.

"Actually yes, they were my men but they were supposed to kidnap someone else, which they obviously failed....but never mind since I found you..it was worth it." Shaw said these words and starts decreasing the distance between us.

Now he is hovering over me... he is a tall guy and I am a girl with an average height. I don't like calling myself short...

"Oh, yeah....you mean kidnapping Mia and her baby.." I said rolling my eyes. He is still involved in these activities!!!

"Speaking of which...how did u know the Torettos??" 

"Relax Mr. Shaw....they don't know me personally. It's just that I am a nurse and I went there for a routine checkup of her kid when your men arrived and started chasing." 

He seemed a bit surprised as I said 'Mr. Shaw'... but what will you expect me to say, 'Love' or 'Baby'.... these nicknames were for him when he was mine.

"Nurse...well good...but why did you risk yourself for saving them??" He never moved his eyes while questioning me.

"Just now I mentioned  I am a NURSE...So obviously I will protect the mother and her child, plus I was also present there when she gave birth to her baby, so kinda emotional attachment...But my bad, I got caught. I thought I would fight those men but damn...your men are really skilled...But I am glad I was able to protect Mia and Jack.."

"Hmmm, whatever...But now you are here with me and that is the most important thing for me." A victorious smile appears on his face.

"Open my handcuffs!!!... What are you gonna do!!" I ordered him showing my hands.

He comes closer as I step backwards, only to feel the wall pressed against my back. Now he is just one finger's distance away from me !!!

He leans forward to my left ear with his right hand's palm resting on the wall behind my right ear. Basically, I am trapped in between. I turn my head to the right as he starts speaking. I notice his muscular hands... his sleeve are rolled up revealing his veiny hands.

"Nothing...... but I doubt if I will open them you will surely do something to me." He whispers in my ear. His warm voice sent a tingling sensation to my ear and neck.

"Okay darling...here you are free.." 

I didn't even realize it when he opened my handcuffs !!!.... Was I that immersed in him that I didn't notice??

Whatever....I just want to escape from him because I don't want to remember the past, the time when we were together!!!

I massage my hands a bit and then headbutted Shaw. I quickly ran towards the door and almost opened it when Shaw comes and banged the door with his hands.

"Wrong move darling..." I was pinned harshly to the door. His one hand was resting on the door while his other hand grabbed my shoulder...fixing me on the door. Basically, I was pinned between his arms  with our chests almost  touching.

 Basically, I was pinned between his arms  with our chests almost  touching

"I found you after months of searching. You can't escape from me this time Y/n." His eyes were serious and fixed on me.