five

it was thursday night and the four sat in the car. it was parked in the driveway, because matt couldn't drive, but they were in the car. they last minute decided to film a friday car video because they missed last friday and wednesday.

the sturniolo's hadn't posted anything since the accident, only maya. but fans knew through her finsta posts what had happened, ish. they decided to do a story time video, so maya and matt could explain their perspectives.

they were both nervous about it, even chris and nick didn't entirely know what happened.

"is the lighting washing me out?" she asked chris, who was checking the camera, "haven't seen the light of day in a while"

"looks like there's a fucking ghost in the car" he jokes too seriously for mayas liking.

"fuck off" she smiles.

"okay so today we're doing a little explanation video," nick starts, "or maya and matt are"

"yeah, maya is upfront this video, we kicked chris back, kinda like in nicks coming out video how i moved back cause it was his story you know"

"hi guys" she waves, smiling cutely at the camera.

matt looks over at her and smiles too, staring at her. chris and nick pick up on his giggly behavior and discretely look over at each other.

"uh so-" nick starts.

"oh shit sorry i forgot we were telling the story" she laughs. she looks over at matt in a way that asks if she should start, he nods.

"okay so um," maya started, "we were in the car you know. uh we were just driving around listening to music and whatever. like we always do. uh and i was, i was the one driving. my red jeep, cherry,"

she looked over and matt was nodding along with what she was saying, so she continued, "and um, and then all the sudden like, i don't even know how to explain it, i mean we just like crashed, it's like a blur. i didn't know it in the moment but uh what happened was a drunk driver came and like hit the car from a weird angle. so we uh. we uh flipped. or the car did you know. the car is gone by the way, like all the way destroyed. it's really scary to look at pictures and think that we were in it."

she kept looking over at matt to check on him but it seemed that he was doing the same

"uh so anyway the first thing i remember was like after we had crashed and like stopped moving you know. i heard the music playing. that um. that kinda like grounded me a little. it like brought me back making me realize what happened. there was like glass everywhere and blood. sorry that's maybe triggering, um but this whole video is you know so uh, yeah um there was blood, my blood i think"

she could literally feel chris wanted to wrap his arms around her. she glanced back so he and nick knew she was okay.

"yeah so i looked over and saw matt," she paused for a minute, "and yeah i saw matt and he had like a cut on his arm and it was all bleeding so like the first thing i did was like," she put her hand on matt's non-broken arm, trying to show, "and um, yeah it was, it was really scary you know," she looked down, "like i watched his blood pour down my hand. and yeah um. i- i didn't know what to do really, it was instinct you know."

nick and chris didn't know about this, and matt hardly remembered, so they were all a little surprised by this.

"that's one thing i could never do," nick said calmly, "like that's not my instinct."

maya laughed a little, "yeah i don't even know. i like can't really handle that kinda stuff very well. like i love harry styles so much but if he was bleeding out i'm front of me i would probably panic and pass out" she laughed, along with the boys.

"she loves me more than harry styles," matt says giggling.

"it's like, this is kinda off topic but like i lose all sense of disgust around you guys. like i'm pretty sure you've all thrown up on me, which is so gross, but like it wasn't. like i love you guys so much that i don't care. or like when i had to change your bloody gauze from your wisdom teeth" she says pointing at matt and chris, "like i didn't care at all. i liked seeing all your little teeth. and like i've brushed all of your teeth. like dentist style. which is so gross but like, i don't know"

"yeah i don't know how you do it my," nick laughed.

"well anyway, sorry that was off topic, but um yeah i just kinda held his arm and asked him like stupid questions, i don't even remember what though" she says looking at matt.

"no yeah i really like, it's annoying but like i don't remember much at all. it's like a dream that i very vaguely remember"

"yeah," she said thinking, "yeah. well anyway, someone had called 911 because ambulances and stuff came. they had to like pry me away from matt. and so um. yeah they took him to a surgery thing i think. cause of his arm, once we got to the hospital i mean. so i couldn't see him. i remember calling chris and then that's about it." she stops, "oh wait no before i called chris is like when i realized my arm and stuff was broken. i remember looking down and being like, 'woah'. and that's it"

"uh yeah so maya like called me. and it was kinda hard to like, understand since she was like, i don't know in shock i guess. but yeah. she was like matt is in surgery and i'm fine" chris said, "so i ran to nick and was like we gotta go"

"oh yeah, yeah i remember the phone call. cause like, i remember the like the stress in their voices when i told them. like. it was really scary, it was pain in chris's voice. like guys i'm not joking, i don't think anyone loves me half as much as they love each other. like dead ass." she said eyes wide, "and like i just remember crying. i felt so guilty. like they are a package deal and i was driving when we crashed and like... you know, anyway yeah i remember the phone," she looked out the window, "god i'm gonna cry thinking about it"

chris grabbed her hand, "myyy," he said.

"guys it's fine, it's whatever, do you guys wanna talk about like. your pov?"

"yeah so like we got to the hospital and like, found their room and everything. they were roomies, and we just had to like. sit there waiting, it was really..." nick said

"no yeah it was just. sad. but my, you said that the way we reacted to matt was heart wrenching, you should have seen matt when he first saw you"

"no chris don't even start on heart wrenching. you should have see you. like that was the most... upset? i've even seen chris. ever. our house burnt down, and chris was more worried about maya" nick said, "like he didn't leave her side for seven hours."

maya smiled to herself, listening to nick and chris argue over who was more upset about her getting hurt.

"oh and by the way, like i know it's still obvious, but maya was not okay. like on the phone she was like 'i'm okay i'm okay' SHE WAS NOT OKAY" chris yelled, "that's why i reacted the way i reacted you know. like i saw her and she was broken in front of me, and there wasn't anything i could do. and she had the nerve to say she was okay"

they all laughed. "yeah yeah whatever, i was hysterical" maya laughed, although she was touched by chris's words.

the video was a little while longer, they talked about everything. but nearing the end matt and maya were both getting quiet. it was clear to nick they should end the video, so they just ended the video, for their sake.