nine

maya sobered up real quick. she fumbled for her phone, she knew she couldn't call matt, shouldn't call chris or nick, marylou was asleep, so jimmy was the answer.

the phone rang three times before he picked up.

"hey sweetie pie, you okay?" he said groggily.

"s-sorry for waking you" she whimpered, "i-i- need help. i c-cut my hand"

"oh maya, it's okay calm down calm down" he said reassuringly, "i'll be right over"

"don't bring chris," she yelled, a little too loud, "sorry, i didn't mean it like that, it's just. i don't know just don't tell the boys, let them sleep"

"anything you want maya," he said, "stay safe until i get there"

"love you" she said, hanging up.

she leaned up against the wall and exhaled, looking at her ceiling. and looked down at the glass surrounding her leg in a cast, the blood on her non broken hand.

what the fuck am i doing. fucking dumbass.

it was around half an hour later when she heard a light knocking on her door, she began to get herself up, having no choice but to use her cut hand to push herself up. she winced and plopped back down.

she scooted her way to the door.

usually maya would thing 'how does chris live with out me', 'how does he breathe when i'm not around' but lord, was this a new low... how does she live without him?

after inching her way across her apartment floor, she used all her strength to unlock and open the door.

jimmy was not surprised to see her on the floor. his first thought was about how glad he was he didn't bring chris. if chris had seen her like this, mascara running, covered in blood, two casts, laying on the floor, he would lose his shit. absolutely.

jimmy picked her up and, walking past the mess, put her on the couch, he hadn't said much, but neither had she.

he put a blanket on her legs and began to check out the cut, he tried to inspect it but as soon as he touched it she inhaled and ripped her hand away.

"fuck, that hurt" she whined.

"maya honey, i didn't mean to hurt you but i need to see it" jimmy said calmly.

she closed her eyes and put her hand in his, as gently as he could he looked at it.

"i think i should take you into a doctor, you're gonna need stitches" he said worried.

she nodded, tears streaming out of both eyes. jimmy picked her up and brought her down to the car he buckled her up, and started driving in silence.

"can i ask you something?" maya said.

"anything" jimmy responded.

"do you think my parents would be disappointed if they were around" maya said, looking out the window.

"absolutely not" he said, "i can't speak for them, but not a day has gone by where marylou and i are not 100% proud of you" he said looking over at her.

"i almost killed your son" she said quietly.

"maya you saved him" jimmy replied, "you held him, you waited to know he was okay before you worried about yourself. you've always been this way, you've always checked on matt before anything else. like when he would get into fist fights with chris, you always checked on matt first, and maybe he's too stupid to realize. listen, i didn't want to talk about it because i have a feeling it's what got us in this position tonight. i don't know what happened between you two, i don't need to know but i can tell you this, the triplets need you. you are chris's other half, he is the most gentle around you than he is anything else, he trusts you in a way no one could compete. you complete him. matt needs you like he needs water. you get him, sometimes it's painful, but no one knows him better. you're nicks rock, you were there when he felt like no one else was. no one could get to him but you. maya i know you're sick of me talking but i need you to know, you are the best thing that's happened to them and it doesn't go unnoticed." he said.

"i think i really fucked up" she cried.

"well good thing i'm here," he said, just as they pulled up to the righttime.

the wait was hours long, but she ended up getting stitches in her hand, they had to wait a little longer on paperwork or something. it's was around 6:00am maya was so tired she didn't know what was happening, she just laid her head on jimmy's shoulder and fell asleep.

chris woke up with the sun, rare for him. he had a weird dream, regarding maya, of course. he first instinct was to check his phone for messages from her, but instead he saw the life360 notification that his dad left the house, at 1am. when he checked, his dad was at a doctors office and maya had turned her location off.

the sturniolos, and maya, had life360 simply because there were so many of them and it made their lives easier, although the kids often turned their locations off, for whatever reasons.

chris ran to his parents room, "mom" he said.

she looked up, nervous.

"why is dad at an er, is he okay?" he asked

"he's okay, he's totally fine" she said

"then why is he there?" he asked

marylou tried to think of an excuse as fast as she could, mind racing, but chris knew immediately.

"what happened to maya?" he said quietly

"she's okay" marylou said, that's all she said.

"mom, what happened to maya," chris said running his hands through his hair.

"she's okay. dad is bringing her home here, you'll see her soon. chris, please don't worry too much"

that had a the opposite effect on chris, he went back to his room and worried

he was going to kill matt.