CHAPTER 16 - SHOUTO TRAINS WITH HIS DAD

Shouto could remember the day his mum had introduced him to Nabe. The man had quickly shown Shouto what it meant to be trained properly, to have a 'normal' childhood, or as normal of a childhood with Endeavor as a father could be at least. Nabe had pretty much become the father he never had, filled the parental role that Endeavor had never fit, and showed him a world of happiness that he never knew. For anyone that asks, Nabe is Shouto's dad now.

At the tender age of 10 years old, Shouto had already known Nabe for half of his life. From the day he was first introduced to the man, he'd been treated to sweets and a multitude of different foods that he would never have been able to try otherwise.

Unlike Endeavor, who pushed him to master his quirk, uncaring for his wellbeing, Nabe took good care of him. He held him when he cried and encouraged him to develop both his quirk and other skills. Shouto was proud to say that he could make a good bowl of cold soba. Nabe had taught him how to make it himself just last month!

Today was a Saturday so he and his siblings were at the cafe. His mother had gone to visit family for the weekend, so entrusted them with Nabe. Shouto approved of that decision. His mum needed a break and Nabe was the perfect person to look after them! Shouto wanted to learn how to cook more things by himself and this weekend was when he would ask Nabe to teach him something else. Now... if only Nabe would stop paying so much attention to Natsuo and Touya and pay more attention to him. Nabe spent all of the last weekend training Natsuo so now it was Shouto's turn!

—-------

Natsuo was giddy as he mixed the eggs into the batter. Nabe was teaching him how to make his own cake and Natsuo was determined to get it right so he could make it to celebrate Touya and Tenko graduating from UA. Natsuo was also training for the Hero Course as well, but today, he was meant to rest. Rest and make a practice cake. It was only a few weeks before the two older boys debuted after all. Natsuo wanted to congratulate them! He was going to ask Nabe for any tips for baking when he saw his youngest brother poke his head through the door.

The little kid's eyes were serious and searching, as if he was looking for something in particular. They passed over Natsuo and settled on Nabe. Shouto straightened up and walked into the kitchen and stood next to Nabe.

His brother kept staring at Nabe and gripped the back of his shirt, tugging on the material.

—-------

Touya was working on some pastries when he felt a slight tugging on his shirt. Turning around, he saw Shouto standing behind him. The kid looked at him, eyes wide and expression a little off-putting.

"Shouto... are you constipated or something?" A burst of laughter erupted from Natsuo, who was beginning to transfer his batter into a cake pan. The kid was hunched over, holding his stomach as he struggled to stand amidst the laughter.

"C-constipated! HAHAHAHAHA!!" Touya could see Shouto jut out his bottom lip in a pout as Natsuo kept laughing.

"Ok. Ok. Relax kid. You need stomach medicine? You know where the bathroom is right?" Shouto's pout intensified. As did Natsuo's laughter. The other boy was practically on the floor now, bake left abandoned on the kitchen bench.

"I'm not constipated!" The little boy had tears gathering at the corners of his eyes now and Touya felt a little bad at how he reacted. He didn't want to make the kid feel self-conscious!

"Ok. I'm sorry if I made you feel embarrassed Shouto. Let's go upstairs ok?" Shouto crossed his arms across his chest but didn't fight it as Touya picked the boy up and started walking toward the stairs.

—-------

Shouto was mortified. HE WASN'T CONSTIPATED! HE JUST WANTED ATTENTION! He could still hear Natsuo laughing from upstairs and knew that his brother wouldn't let him forget this for the next few months. If ever.