CHAPTER 36 - TRAINING CAMP DISASTER PART II

Kouta was upset. This summer was when mama and papa said they'd be able to go on holiday together! The previous year, the little boy's parents had promised to take some time off work so that they could be a family for a while. Mama had held his face in her hands and told him that their mission would only take a few months and then they'd have time for him! Her hands had felt so warm at the time, her reassurances so soothing and trustworthy! But...those same hands held him again this summer and told him that he had to go stay with his aunt Mandalay.

They had to go again. They had to leave him.

When the hero students arrived, all Kouta could see were the next generation of liars. With their powerful quirks, loud chatter and false smiles, they'd be the perfect new generation of heroes. Just like the last, they wouldn't care about the people who love them. No. They'd just care about using their powers and being a hero.

When one of the annoying hero students started to approach him with a smile, all Kouta thought was that the hero wanted to play nice so he could keep up his image. Kouta wouldn't be used as a prop for some hero hopeful's attempt at a nice guy persona. He absolutely refused.

After watching many of his parents' fights, Kouta was more than familiar with the basics. Clenching his hands into fists at his sides, with his thumb tucked in to avoid any injuries to himself, Kouta waited. There was no sense in making his next move obvious. Broadcasting his actions only made his opponent more wary. Papa had always told him to never let anyone know his next move.

So Kouta waited...

As the hero student began to approach him, Kouta shifted his stance, subtly moving one foot behind the other in preparation. Once the walking broccoli was within striking distance, Kouta punched. Throwing his full weight into the action and following through with a step forward, he sent the hero student to the ground.

Auntie yelled at him afterwards, but Kouta couldn't care less. He wanted mama and papa..

Kouta's interactions with the hero students after that were few and far in between. The hero student he had punched-Izuku Midoriya was the only one to actively look for him. The pesky hero student would try to find him at meal times or whenever they had a break, and Kouta would do his best to hide from him. Honestly, what more of a hint did he need to give?! HE DIDN'T WANT TO BE HERE!

The other big interaction with the hero students happened at the baths. Aunt Mandalay had asked Kouta to supervise the students to make sure that they didn't get up to anything. At the time, it seemed a little overboard. Even if they were liars, they were still hero students. There had to be some base of human decency right?

Kouta, was unfortunately very wrong. Not even 20 minutes into his guard duty, there was a commotion from the boy's side.

Peering over the side, Kouta could see one of the students using his quirk to scale the wall. There was a disgusting look on his face and Kouta was furious. HOW DARE HE ACT THIS WAY?! Using his quirk to fill up the bucket he'd brought with him, Kouta made sure the water was freezing cold before hoisting it to the side of the wall. The hero students on the other side were all yelling at the bastard to stop, but none of them made a move to pull him back. Figures. They're all talk. The commotion grew louder as Kouta prepared his trap.

He let the scumbag nearly reach the top, waiting for any of the other hero students to stop their classmate before lifting the bucket over the edge.

He let the bucket go.

Just as he did so, there was high pitched scream. The warm air of the baths had chilled to the point that Kouta could see his breath come out in puffs. He trembled as he clutched at himself to keep warm. What happened?!