Friday in love[angsty fluff]

accidentally rejected childe uwu
modern au again
happy ending btw
1.95k words hihi
bonus included!!
awooga

A slight knock on the door echoed through Zhongli's office.

,,Come in." He said, looking away from the paperwork he was filling out.

Childe entered the room, which was unusual in the middle of the day. ,,Hey, Zhongli- I'm so sorry for barging in like this when you're working, but I wanted to ask if you'd like to go out for some drinks today..?" The ginger rubbed the back of his head and smiled awkwardly.

The brunette looked back down, replying: ,,Yes, sure.. I end quite late this evening. I hope you won't mind the wait, would 8PM work for you?" He scribbled over something and threw the paper over the room, into the trash can.

,,Yeah, sure, 'course I don't mind. I'll meet you here." He smiled and his cheeks filled up with pigment, tinting them into a slightly red colour. Oh Childe was so ready to confess today, they flirt all the time, surely it's not platonic.

,,Thank you, Childe. Now, I am deeply sorry for kicking you out like this, but I have some work to do..."

,,Oh yeah! Shit, I'm sorry again. I'll get going, see you later." He bowed down and closed the door behind him as he left.

Walking into the bar where he and Zhongli usually go for drinks, he greeted the receptionist.

,,Hey Ekaterina, can I get a reservation for a pit today, at 8 for two?"

,,Ah, welcome, Mr. Childe! You and your boyfriend again, huh? And on a Friday, my my, have fun!" She smiled and started typing on a keyboard.

Childe could only blush hard and wave his hands, shaking his head. ,,W-we're not boyfriends! He's not into guys."

,,Oh my, I'm sorry for being rude!! I just assumed, you two always flirt." She justified her assumptions.

,,No, no, it's fine." He sighed, rubbing his adam's apple.

,,Okay, so as you were saying, a pit for two, at 8? Any special requests?" Childe burried himself in his thoughts, discussing whether he should ask for the confessional wine, but decided he shouldn't rush it just yet. He politely declined, thanked Ekaterina and left.

Zhongli ending work late definitely helped Childe, he had enough time to get ready for the night, since it was currently four. He assumed that the other man would end at work at 7, since he always takes at least 1 hour to get ready.

Next, he headed over to Northland bank, where he took out some money he yet hadn't, funds, from Lady Tsaritsa, his boss.

After he got home, picking out an outfit was atypically difficult. He decided to take it easy and wore something he did usually, a low corset with a shirt under it and some trousers.

He wondered if his love interest would dress up specially, since Childe spoke in a very flirty tone when inviting him. He left that thought behind and went to put on some black eyeliner under his eyes. Zhongli taught him that one day, it was very cute and Childe still thinks of the day like it happened yesterday.

Childe still had so much time on his hands, because it was currently 7 in the afternoon, so he decided to just take a quick nap, to pass the time.

,,Zhongli, you light up my days everytime I see you.. You always make me laugh and I enjoy your presence so much. Ever since I met you, I felt like the missing piece of me was found. I hate this feeling of desparation so much, I've been surpessing what I feel towards you for so long. Zhongli, I like you. More than a friend, I hate myself for it but I do feel like that. Do you want to be my boyfriend?" Zhongli put down his drink and smiled, then nodded. Childe was so shocked he didn't even notice Zhongli getting closer to him, leaning in for a kiss. His tongue made its way through the hole between Childe's lips and began exploring every part of his mouth. He pulled away to take a breath and chuckled; ,,I-"