𝟬𝟬𝟱

CHAPTER 4

DIANE

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"Merlin's beard, can they hurry up?" I complain to Cedric.

"It's only been seven minutes." Cedric says.

"Yeah,well it's fucking freezing." I say.

"It's not that cold." He replies. He means it I realise with a grirmace.

"Yes it is, My face is cold." I say, shivering. He reaches out and touches my cheek. My face heats up at the sudden contact. What are you doing? I wanna ask. But before I can he removes his hand.

"You're face is not cold" He says.

"Well that's because your hands are freezing."

"Everyone says that." I start thinking of all the people who knows his hands are freezing, then I realise, I'm one of them.

"LOOK!" A girl screams, driving me out of my thoughts. I spin to turn where she's looking.

"WHERE?!" I scream back. Looking in the sky, seeing nothing but stars.

"Over there Diane!" Cedric says, putting his hands on my shoulders, wheeling towards where he's looking.

"whe-" I start but then I see it. "Oh I see it!" But my momentary excitement is replaced by confusion.

"But what is it?" Cedric asks, mirroring my thoughts.

"IT'S A DRAGON!" A first year girl says screaming her head off.

"DON'T BE STUPID IT'S A FLYING HOUSE!" Another voice screams.

"NO DUMBASS" Ralph's shouts. "IT'S A-"

"A What?" I ask him, leaning forward.

"Shut up."

"It's a carriage!" Abha shouts, but not as loud as the rest of us. As the shape comes closer, I can see what she means. Two horses at the front, and a big square thing at the back. As it draws in, the people towards the front of the group start moving backward, pushing everyone else with them.

"That's huge." Cedric says.

"Well aren't normal carriages-" I start but then I realise he's right. It is huge. The horses must weigh at least over two tons, their hooves the size of dinner plates.

"I don't remember everything being this big last time I went to France." I say.

"How do you know it's Beauxbatons?" Ralph asks, raising his brows.

"it's a carriage and horses, have you ever seen anything more French?"

"What's the second school?" Cedric asks.

"Durmstrang I believe." Abha says.

"Where's that?" I ask.

"I don't know, they don't disclose their locations."

"So nobody knows where these guys are coming from?"

"Well we know the area." Abha says, and rolls her eyes.

"Woah." Cedric says, I snap my attention away  from the retort I was about to make and turn it back to the Beauxbatons kids. The sight I see is even stranger than giant carriages, or horses. It's a (you guessed it) Giant, glossy black high heel, red bottomed shoe.

"Huh." I say. "Do you guys think Loubotin is a wizard?"

"Whose shoe is that?" His question is answered almost immediately. A (you guessed it again) Giant woman stepped out. She was everything the Englishman would expect the classic French woman to be, graceful, elegant, dark brown skin, her curly hair tied into a bun at the nape of her neck, her lips painted the same colour as the soles of her shoes wearing a black (tight fitting, but not too tight fitting,) midi length dress, with cape. And of course standing at 7 foot 8. Everything about this woman screamed 'but not too much', which was so very French. Like grandmother style French.

"Wow," Ralph says "She's massive."

"Don't be rude." Abha says.

"Is she a giant?" Cedric whispers

"Like Hagrid?" I ask "Is he a giant?" He shrugs. The big Frenchwoman greets Dumbledor but she calls him dumbleydoor, which makes Cedric giggle.

"Diggory" Ralph says "did you just giggle?"

"Yeah" I say with a laugh

"What's wrong with giggling?" He asks, genuinely confused.

"Nothing Cedric." Abha says "they're just being D-" She stops her eyes focusing on something tin the distance. I spin around to look at what she's looking at, it takes me a minute but I see it.

"Looks like Durmstrang's here." It was the sail of a ship, coming from under the black lake.

"It's a submarine." Abha says

"What's that?" The rest of us ask in unison.

"It's like a box underwater. So muggles and explore the ocean."

"Wow, that's clever." Cedric says.

"So it's a shipmarine?" Ralph says with a smile.

"I guess" Abha replies

"That's wicked." I say. By this time the full ship had come out and it was also massive, I guess these Europeans are into the big guns.

"Okay who had the best entrance?" Ralph asks. "I thought it was Durmstrang."

"I'm gonna say the French." I say

"The French." Cedric agrees.

"Now now Diggory it's not mandatory to agree with someone just because you like them." Abha says, poking fun. This makes my cheeks heat up.

"Shut up dumbass." I say.

"Please do," Cedric says, but his blush we can see even in the dark. The ooohs don't stop following us till we get to the great hall.

A/N: ITS BEEN SO LONG. I'm sorry I was so busy and then I just had this sudden urge to finish this book, so expect more updates! And keep on reading cause the best is yet to come ❤️❤️❤️