Chapter Seven

Two weeks before the wedding...

Jennie was trying on different dresses, which her mother handpicked for her. "This one will match Kai's clothes. This would be perfect." The queen stated. "Yeah. Perfect." Jennie responded absentminded. The queen noticed and was a little annoyed by the young princess.

"Kim Jennie, are you paying attention?" She questioned the young princess. Jennie snapped out of any thoughts she had and immediately looked at her mother. "Sorry, mother." She bowed with respect, before looking in the mirror at the dress she was wearing.

She looked at the clothing piece in many different angles, although she didn't care that much. If she had told her mother that she, under no circumstances, would want to marry Kai, the queen would be mad. "Yes, this looks perfect." Jennie finally spoke, which made the queen smile. "Good."

There was a moment of silence between the two, before the queen remembered something. "What about the shoes? Did your private shoemaker finish them?" The queen asked, which made the young girl's eyes widen. "Not yet, but I should check." She said after she took off the dress and put on her normal clothes. "Goodbye, mother." She did a curtsy and left her mother with the thought of finally seeing her girlfriend.

She knocked on the younger's door, who immediately let her in. They hugged tightly and then kissed passionately. "I missed you." Jennie said, while holding the shoemaker's hands. "I missed you too, my princess." Rosé responded, as she was still looking into the older's eyes. After a few seconds of staring at each other's beauty, Jennie broke the silence. "So... Did you finish the shoes?" She asked which made Rosé look at a pair of white heels she completed yesterday.

"Yes, I did. But I have a question..." She said which made her girlfriend look at her. "Huh?" Jennie asked confused. "If you love me, then why are you still getting married to that man?" Rosé questioned the older. Jennie stopped holding the younger's hands, and looked down at her feet. "I don't want to get married to him, but I have no choice. My father arranged this marriage and I have no chance of declining it." Jennie murmured.

Rosé looked at her with an emotionless expression. She took the pair of heels off the table and handed them to Jennie. "Here." She said as Jennie grabbed the pair. The shoes were beautiful, but Jennie kept her eyes on her girlfriend. "Jennie... I think that we should stop this." The taller said, which made the older confused. "What do you mean?"

"I think that we should stop dating. You will marry Kai, which will only make me a mistress. It's for the best if we just part ways." Rosé finished her words, making the older widen her eyes. "What? No!" Jennie said, but Rosé wouldn't budge. "Jennie... Please." The shorter looked down at the floor in disappointment and sadness. There was a painful moment of silence, before Rosé was surprised by a tight grip on her waist and a soft pair of lips touching her own.

After the two parted their lips, Jennie caressed the younger's cheek and looked her in the eyes. "Never say that again. I won't marry him. We'll run away on my wedding day." Jennie said, which surprised the shoemaker. "But... Where to?" She asked. "We'll find a place where no one can find us. A place where we can live happily together. Where nothing can stand in our way. Not my mother, not my father, fiancé or sister. No one." Jennie assured the girl in front of her. Rosé put her head on the shorter's shoulder and whispered: "I love you."

A/N:
Hi guys. Sorry for the late update.
My cat passed away and I have been feeling really down bc of that. I hope you can understand.