1

As a high school kid, there is always one thing you await for when you enter high school.

I've been with people whose goal that they wanted to attain at the end of high school was:

A steady relationship

Their first kiss

Loss of virginity

Perfect grades

Popularity

Good set of friends

To be accepted by people

And a whole bunch of things.

I had one goal, one wish, one want,

To see one person from my family on my graduation day.

But as the saying goes; God helps those who help themselves.

I mean for that to be possible, I had to invite them right?

The school sent invites to the parents!

Its okay. It was like this when I started and it has ended like that.

Family is the one thing I can never depend on.

#mostundependablegroupofpeople

I love my parents, I think, but sometimes they manage to get on 99.999% of the 7 trillion nerves in me.

"Hey, Isa! Wanna come to Brett's party tonight? We are celebrating our graduation there. His parents are hosting for him. That's so cute right?" Michelle, AKA fakest bitch I've ever met.

"Nah! I'm okay. I've got a celebration trip organised." I lied through my smile.

Michelle was taken aback by my words before regaining her composure.

"Where to?"

"Fiji, if my memory serves me right. My parents booked it some while ago so I don't remember." I thought instantly.

"Yeah. Booking them earlier is cheaper right?!" She said that a bit aloud, attracting the attention of surrounding people. I could see the glint in her shines as she awaited for me to confirm her conclusion.

"They only did that to make sure no one else could book the place. They didn't want me to be in a crowded place. So over protective!" I waved her off. The smugness she had disappeared after I spoke. Even the people around us were whispering about how lucky I was.

Bitches! You wish!

"Aww. I'm so happy for you. Don't forget to call me when you get there, okay?! I gotta make sure my bestie is safe!" She gave me the fakest sweet smile she could put on.

I gave her a similar smile, just faker than the one she had.

I turned and walked away from her. Gosh, fake people are annoying.

I walked around the school for a couple of minutes.

All the guys were just looking at me and letting out a sigh. At that time they were with their families so I'd just wave or shout 'Congrats (Name)!'

I was on my way, sadly, to my car. I didn't have people to see around the school so I guess that was a good thing.

My phone ringed and I picked it up.

--

"Hey sweetie!" His voice sounded.

I let out a sigh, "Hi."