5

At the start of summer break, I went to a local swimming pool to meet up with Tori, Trina, Cat and Lexi. When I saw Tori in her bikini, I couldn't take my eyes off her. I walked up behind her and softly kissed her neck. "Hey there stranger," I said softly. "You can be such a tease sometimes, babygirl," she replied softly. "Thanks," I said with a smile, and she laughed. "I love to hear you laugh," I said. "You love everything about me, babygirl," Tori replied. "That is a fair point," I said. "And I love everything about you," she said, making me blush. I could hear Lexi, Cat and Trina pretending to gag, so I shot them a glare, which quickly shut them up. "So, what do -" I began, then Tori abruptly pushed me into the pool. "That was not funny!" I shouted at her when I surfaced, while she stood there laughing. "You should've seen your face!" She said. "Well, I've already cooled off a bit. It's nice in here, you guys should join me," I said, and the others joined me in the pool. "I'm sorry I pushed you in, Jade," Tori said. "Don't worry about it," I said. "This is really fun. It feels like forever since I last took the time to just relax and enjoy life," Trina said. "Same," Lexi said, and the rest of us agreed. I spent some time simply floating around, and then Lexi got a bunch of super soakers, and we started messing around with those for a while.

A few days later, I sat on my bed and texted Tori a joke that I had heard recently. She texted me back pretty quickly with a laughing emoji, and she called me to talk about our dreams. "I still haven't really decided yet if I want to be a film director or a singer," I said. "Why not do both? Work on music when you're not working on a movie," she said. "That makes sense," I said. "I've been known to make sense from time to time," she said. "Yes, yes you have," I said. "I could kiss you for saying that," she said. "How about we hang out, and you can give me that kiss?" I asked, smirking slightly even though I knew that she couldn't see me. "That sounds lovely, babygirl," she said. "Okay. See you in a few, boo," I said. "See you," she said, hanging up. I got in my car and drove over to her house, ringing the doorbell when I arrived. When she opened the door, my jaw dropped when I saw the outfit she'd chosen, which was the same one she wore for the spring showcase. "Hey there, babygirl," she said flirtatiously. "Well, hey there, hottie," I said, sheepishly running a hand across the back of my neck. "Aww, you're blushing, and it makes you look adorable!" She said. "Are we just gonna stand here, or are we gonna go inside?" I asked her. "Oh, sorry," she said, standing aside to let me in.

"So, what do you feel like doing?" I asked. "How about that kiss?" She asked. "Works for me," I said, letting her pull me into a kiss. I closed my eyes and savored the taste of her lips, like fresh strawberries, and I couldn't get enough. When we separated, I smiled at her, tracing her lips with my finger. "Mm... that felt nice," she said, and I smiled. "Not as nice as the feeling of your lips on mine," she said. "I had a feeling. Wanna watch a movie?" I asked. "Sure," she said. "It's your turn to pick a movie," I said. "Okay," she said, picking one of our favorites, the movie Descendants, about the kids of Disney characters in a modern world. When it was over, both of us had tears in our eyes. "I swear, Mal's story gets me every time," I said. "Same. I think that the first time we watched this movie was the first time I ever saw you cry," she said. "I can't wait for the sequel to come out," I said, deciding to see what was on TV. After a bit, I came to the music channel, where a concert by My Chemical Romance was starting in a few minutes. Normally, I would have chosen to watch it, but I was recording it to watch later anyway. After a bit, we decided to turn the TV off and play a game with Trina and Cat, the latter having come over to hang out with Trina.

While we were playing Monopoly, I found my mind starting to wander. Pretty soon, I was thinking about Tori more than I was thinking about the game. "Do you want to stop playing so you two can act all lovey-dovey for a bit?" Trina asked. "Huh? Oh, sorry. We're good. We can keep playing," I said. "Okay. It's your turn, by the way," Trina said. We finished playing the game, then I pulled Tori into a passionate kiss, and to my surprise, out of the corner of my eye, I saw Trina do the same with Cat. I knew that Cat had a crush on Trina, and as far as I knew, Trina didn't know about it. Maybe Trina was following her heart, but I didn't care at the moment, closing my eyes and enjoying the moment with Tori. When we separated, both of us were breathing heavily, and I looked over at Trina and Cat to see both of them blushing bright red. "I..." Cat started. "I'm sorry! I don't know what got into me!" Trina said quickly, running out of the room while covering her face with her hands. Cat simply sat there, staring into the distance as though she was petrified. "Cat... Are you okay?" Tori asked her softly. "I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be fine?" She asked, but I could tell that something about her was off. She wasn't acting as cheerful as she usually did, and it almost looked like she was going to cry.

"I'll go talk to Trina," Tori told us, getting up and going in the direction that Trina had gone a few minutes earlier. I pulled Cat into a warm hug to try and help her feel better, not really sure what else to do. "Thanks Jade," she said. "No problem. That's what friends are for," I said. We sat there talking for a bit before Tori came back, with Trina following her. "Cat, I'm really sorry that I ran away. I was scared that I had crossed a line in our friendship," she said. "It's okay, Trina. I've, uh... I've actually had feelings for you for a little while," Cat said. "I think that I have, too. I just didn't realize it until now," Trina replied. They shared a hug, and it wasn't long before Cat and I had to go, and we thanked Tori and Trina for having us over as we left.

----

Until next time!