7

The next morning, I was surprised at first to find Tori lying next to me in bed, then I remembered the previous night, and how she'd had a nightmare. I tried to get out of the bed without waking her up, but I soon realized that she had put her arms around me at some point in the night, making my attempt pointless. "Mmm... Morning, babygirl," she said softly, propping her head up with her hand. "Morning, sweetheart. How'd you sleep?" I asked. "Much better after the nightmare," she said. "That's good," I said simply. "It is. So, what do you want to do today?" She asked. I thought about the question for a moment, unsure what to say at first. "You know, I kind of want to go for a walk," I replied with a small smile. "Sounds like fun. Besides, it's better to go for a walk in the morning at this time of year, since it gets so hot," Tori said. We got ready for our walk fairly quickly, and because of the heat, I had decided to wear a pair of sandals, a short skirt, and a sports bra. "Dang. You look amazing," Tori said. "Thank you, sweetheart," I said. "I never realized that you were so physically fit," she said. "You didn't notice that when we went swimming earlier this month?" I asked. "No. I was more interested in enjoying the time with our friends," she said. "Makes sense. I was more interested in the same thing," I said, striking a sassy pose. "Are you trying to overwhelm me with your insanely good looks?" She asked. "That depends. Is it working?" I asked. "Yes," she replied, then she broke into laughter. "You are a dork," I said with a loving smile. "Yeah, but I'm your dork," she replied. "So true," I said.

Just before we left for our walk, Tori pulled me into a side room and proceeded to pull me into a heated kiss, and I could feel the raw passion between us as I pulled her closer to me. "I want you so badly," she groaned against my lips. "So do I, but I thought that we agreed to wait until we were married," I said. "Oh yeah. Sorry, I don't know what got into me just now," she said. "Hey, don't apologize. I enjoyed every moment of that," I said. "So did I. So, uh, should we go on our walk now?" She asked. "Yeah," I replied, and we left my house. "You know, it felt really nice to wake up and see your face this morning," she said, and I couldn't make myself meet her eyes. "Babygirl, is there something bothering you?" She asked. "It's nothing," I said. "No, it's not. I can tell. You're avoiding looking me in the eye. What's up?" She asked. "I've been living alone for the past year or so," I finally said after a few minutes. "You should've said something sooner. I'm sure my parents wouldn't mind taking you in," she said. "I wouldn't want to be a burden," I said. "You wouldn't be a burden, Jade, I promise," she said softly. "Well... Okay, I'm open to talking to your parents about it," I said. We ended up walking to Tori's house, and I found some confidence when we got there.

"Mom, Dad, I'm sure you remember Jade," Tori said to her parents. "Of course. How could we forget when you talk about her all the time?" Holly said. "Let me take it from here," I whispered to Tori, who nodded slightly. "I've been living by myself for the past year or so, because my mom left with my little brother one day and never came back," I said. "Oh, that's terrible! You're more than welcome to stay here with us for as long as you need," Holly said, and David nodded in agreement. "I'll go get my stuff and bring it over here," I said. "I'll help you," Tori said. "We'll take care of selling the house, if you want," David offered. "I think that I'll keep it for when I graduate. That way there's one less thing for me to worry about," I said. "That makes sense. We can take care of maintaining it until then," David said, bringing a smile to my face. "Thank you. You have no idea how much this means to me," I said happily.

A few days later, I've settled in pretty well living with Tori and her family. I went to get some breakfast and found Tori already making her own breakfast. "Morning, boo," I said, announcing my presence to her. "Mañana, nena. Te ves tan hermosa y sexy," Tori replied, which confused me. "Uh, what?" I asked her. "Oh. I said 'Morning, babe. You look so beautiful and sexy' in Spanish," she explained. "Oh, well in that case, thank you very much," I said, blushing bright red. "Spanish is like a second language to me. I'm half Latina on my dad's side, and my grandparents on his side don't speak much English," she said, and I smiled. "I'd love to meet them sometime, maybe once I've learned some Spanish," I said. "I'd be happy to teach you some Spanish, if you want," she offered. "You sure? I don't want to make things difficult," I said. "You wouldn't make things difficult, babe. It'd be fun," she said. "Thank you, boo. I love you so much," I said with a grin.

After a few days, I've learned a decent amount of Spanish, but I think that I still have a lot more to learn before I meet Tori's grandparents. "You know, living here with you is much better than being by myself," I said. "I had a feeling you felt that way," she said. The thing is, I wasn't prepared for what was about to take place.

----

Until next time!