eighty-five :

E I G H T Y - F I V E

⋮✰⋮

It was a rare sunny morning in London that August day.

Normally, Adeline and George woke to cloudy skies and fog. But it seems as if the sun decided to make a visit that morning, managing to shine through the thin white curtains. The golden rays that creeped through the window caused Adeline look as if she was being bathed in sunlight.

George still couldn't believe that he got to wake up next to Adeline every morning.

At Hogwarts, Adeline was an early riser and was typically awake before the sun. Not usually because she liked it, but because she wanted to take the extra time in the morning to catch up on assignments or try and get an early breakfast. George was the one who would roll out of his bed mere minutes before going to class.

Now, almost every morning, both Adeline and George were awake by 8 along with Fred so they could get ready to work in the shop. While it didn't open until 10, they would often need to clean, finish restocking, and do preparations for the inevitable rush of customers.

Sunday mornings, however, was their one day of peace.

Sunday was when they had no obligations. The shop wasn't open, and they usually never had any plans on Sunday. The only exception would be when they would meet up with friends from Hogwarts or even a meeting for the Order of the Phoenix, but that would never be until later in the day.

So, Adeline slept for as long as she could. She let her body rest and refused to move from the bed unless absolutely necessary.

As a result, it would often be George who woke up first on Sunday mornings. He stayed in bed until Adeline woke up, unless it was to get a mug of tea or a leftover scone from the kitchen before returning back. But, George was always there when she woke up in the morning. He didn't like the thought of her waking up alone, so he would stay in bed. He'd often spend the time editing one of the many products him and Fred were developing or steal one of Adeline's Muggle books to read.

George didn't like to tell Adeline that last part. But, she had already figured it out weeks before when she happened to come across a Shakespeare play hidden under a pile of parchment paper on his bedside table. So, Adeline had begun leaving books that she thought George would enjoy out in obvious places that he would easily take whenever he finished one of her books. She didn't know if George realized she was doing this, but either way she enjoyed doing so.

Most mornings, however, George couldn't help but stare at Adeline and wonder how she looked so incredible in the mornings. The tangle of dark curls that normally sat so perfectly on Adeline's head. The dusting of freckles on Adeline's left shoulder that George loved to kiss whenever he got the chance. The scars and marks – small and large – that lined her body. He also loved the way her body felt pressed up against his every morning.

George felt Adeline shift in the bed next to him. His arms were still wrapped around her, so he noticed her breathing become more shallow and she began to stir. When he saw her eye blink, George grinned tiredly and drawled, "Mornin'."

"Good morning to you too," Adeline said as she turned her head to look at George. Her nose scrunched up as she asked, "Why are you staring at me so much?"

"Can't help it. You look pretty right now."

Adeline buried her face in the pillow once again, and George barely managed to hear her muffled voice. "I look like a mess in the mornings. You flatter me too much."

"I don't flatter you enough. You look like an angel."

"I look like an angel? You should look in the mirror right now."

George managed to tilt Adeline's face out of the pillow so he could lean down and kiss her. Their kiss was brief, but it made Adeline smile. When they broke apart, George asked, "Do we have anything going on that I can't remember?"

Adeline shook her head. "Nothing this morning. But, your mum mentioned in her last letter that they were planning on coming to Diagon Alley tomorrow to do Hogwarts school shopping and are going to stop by the shop."

"I think you write to my mum more than me."

"I keep her informed that you and Fred are healthy and well because you don't send her enough owls. It's a wonder she hasn't burst down the door already."

George rested his head on Adeline's chest, pressing a kiss to her neck as he mumbled, "What would I ever do without you, Addie?"

"Well, considering I'd probably be falling apart at the seams without you around, I don't think I'd be doing too well without you either, George."

Having George beside her every night had done so much for Adeline that she hadn't even fully expressed to him. Sometimes, Adeline still woke in the middle of the night, haunted with not just nightmares from the graveyard, but that night at the Ministry as well. It had decreased in frequency, yet sometimes George woke to small crying sounds or her trashing in his arms. George held her close every single time and always tried to comfort her the best he could. Having George with her was so much better than the previous summer, where she had woken up completely alone every night she had nightmares. Adeline no longer felt so helpless and lonely.

Their small bedroom was a haven from the outside world. Inside, Adeline and George felt safe and protected in each other's arms.

"So..." George began as he drew soft circles on Adeline's hip. "You don't need to get out of bed any time soon?"

"Unless we have some plans you haven't informed me about."

"Now why is the assumption that I've always forgotten something?"

"Not assuming at all," Adeline murmured as she pressed her lips up against George's jaw. "I just want to make sure I don't have to leave you any time soon."

⋮✰⋮

a/n:

hi guys !!

starting out part 4 of stardust with something soft n' sweet hee hee !! love these two sweethearts who are so in love w each other !!

i hope you all enjoyed the chapter and have a lovely day !! i'll see you at the next update !!

- g