Chapter 2: Mommy's Boyfriend

I woke up and my whole body felt so sore. Man I hated him and I hated every thing about him. At the same time I was afraid. I didn't want mommy to find out and I didn't want that to EVER happen again. What would she say? How would she react? Would she hate me? I kept questioning myself until I went down stairs and saw mommy cooking. I sat down at the kitchen table with my black and white marble notebook and my princess pink backpack. I took the pink and gray gel pen from out the notebook and started playing with it. 

"Are you hungry baby?". Mommy said looking at me. I didn't respond. I wasn't paying any attention to her. "Raven?". She questioned me. I quickly got out of the daze and looked up at her.

"Huh?" I responded. "I said are you hungry?". "No" I replied back looking down at my notebook. "What's wrong baby?" Mommy stopped what she was doing and looked directly at my face.

"Nothing mommy" I replied.

"Are you sure Hun?". She replied back concerned.

I hesitated at first. "Y-yes". 

"Okay baby well you still have to eat something before you go to school. Here take this apple with you". She threw the apple at me and I caught it". I put it in my backpack and zipped it back up. "Hurry and get to school Rave". Mommy told me in a rushed tone. "I don't want you to be late". She continued while putting some food on a plate. I got up from the chair and immediately jumped when I seen a tall brown skin figure in a bath robe walk into the kitchen. 

"What's up baby?" He said while wrapping his hands around my mommy's waist. Ewwww she kissed him. I just stood there feeling mixed emotions inside. 

"Why are you standing there?" I heard mommy say. I quickly looked at her and responded back.

"I just was thinking about something". I grabbed my backpack and headed for the door.

"Hold on baby" I heard a voice say and then walked towards me.

"Before you go I want you to meet mommy's boyfriend". Mommy told me pointing at his dirty self.

"I know you met him last night but Raven this is Mr.Ray and babe this is Raven". She introduced us.

I stood there staring at him with my brown button eyes in anger but yet fear. I couldn't believe that mommy's boyfriend was this guy who violated me. He had the nerve to walk around and act like nothing happened. 

"Baby that's rude to just stare. Now go on, hurry and get to school I don't want to keep you any longer". She knelt down and kissed me on the cheek. "Have a good day".

I walked out the door.

********

It was 3:15 and I was glad to be home. At least that's how I felt before mommy's boyfriend came into the picture. After thinking about what he did to me that night I just didn't know how to feel. I walked to my house I onced look at as my own and grabbed the key from under the mat. I opened the door and walked inside. Without trying to make eye contact with anyone in the house I quickly went upstairs.

"Where you going baby girl?" Ray said to me from the living room

I ignored what he said for a second then quickly answered. 

"I'm going to my room leave me alone".

"Aww baby girl what's the matter? Why so angry?". He responded sitting on the couch looking at me smoking a cigarette. He got up and walked towards me. As soon as I felt him get closer I tried to hurry and go up the steps.

"Get back here". He grabbed my pink backpack

"Let go". I insisted 

"Oh...Don't get angry with me little girl. This little attitude that you have here has to go." He said while putting his cigarette to his mouth. "Now I was going to tell your narrow behind that I have a big surprise for you, but I mean if you don't want it"

I was a little curious as of  what he had for me. Was it really something? or was it something he made up just to bother me? I really wanted to know. I loved surprises. Just in case it REALLY WAS something I stood there.

"OK. What is it?"

"Oh no no no. You're not getting it that easy dear. See now that I'm your daddy when daddy has things for you in order to get it you have to work for it." He went into his pocket and took out a gold necklace with my name written on it. "See this baby girl". He said putting the cigarette in his mouth and placing the necklace around my neck. "This is only part of your surprise."

I looked down at it and admired it for a minute

"You're not going to say thank you?"

"Thank you"

"Now that's a good girl". He smiled at me with his mischievous grin. It scared me for a minute.

"Where's my mommy?". I asked him

"She's working late tonight, so don't wait up. Go ahead and put that backpack down and come downstairs daddy has to talk to you about your surprise"

Who does he think he is? Telling me what to do? Daddy? now he's my daddy? My mind is beyond racing, yet I'm still curious as of to what he's talking about. This necklace sure is nice and fits me perfectly. Maybe he's not ALL that bad. I mean I'm only 10 a girl can know but so much. I figure if I just play along he will eventually go away. Yeah that's right. Maybe he'll leave FOR GOOD. I went upstairs and put my backpack down.

WHAT DO YOU THINK MIGHT HAPPEN NEXT? WHAT'S HER SURPRISE?

GIVE ME SOME FEED BACK :)