Chapter 7: Reunited

"How have you been, Raven? Are you okay?" Carlos said in a playful tone.

I looked at him and opened my mouth slowly.

"I'm okay."

"Who are you here with?" Carlos asked.

"I'm with my daddy." I replied back.

Before Carlos could utter a word a curvy framed woman with beautiful brown silky straight hair, glossy juicy lips and two small kids walked toward Carlos and I. She looked at me and smiled.

"Babe, who's this beautiful little girl?" She said in a soft angelic voice.

I looked at Carlos unsure. He looked at me as if he wanted to say something then he quickly looked at the beautiful lady.

"She's one of the students that go to my school." Carlos said in a nervous tone, but he kept his cool.

I knew right then and there to play along. I didn't want him to get into trouble. After all, he did try and help me out that night. His words stuck with me and it worked for me. But, I wish what happened that night NEVER happens again. I mean he has such a pretty girlfriend? Wife? Whatever she is. Why would he be in such a dump of a place like that anyway?

"Oh. What's your name sweetie? She asked.

"R-Raven." I replied.

"That's a beautiful name sweetheart. Who did you come here with?" She asked, looking straight at me with her hazel eyes.

"My daddy. He's getting us some food." I assured her.

A couple seconds later my daddy makes his way back to the table with fresh hot pizza. The pepperoni looked so delicious. I couldn't wait to eat.

He places the food and drinks on the table.

"Who are your friends Rae?" My daddy asked.

I intently looked at Carlos because I had to say the same exact thing he said to his girlfriend. "This is one of my teachers from my school, Mr. Carlos." I replied back trying to keep my cool.

"Oh. Really. Well, I'm Raven's father Quinn." Daddy said to Carlos while shaking his hand.

"It's great to meet you. This is my fiance Milani." Carlos replied.

I can tell by the look on my daddy's face that he was attracted to Ms. Milani. That's the same look he used to give mommy. I don't like this not one bit! I hate that I have to keep hiding things and keeping it a secret. I wish things could go back to normal. I hate this feeling. Everything just seems to be feeling all over the place and I don't understand. I'm only a child. Why am I dealing with so much?

"Baby girl? You okay? My daddy said concerned.

"Yes, I'm okay." I replied.

"You sure?" He gently bent down to my level and put his hand on my shoulder. "It seems like something is bothering you. Your teacher and his fiance walked away and you didn't even say bye." Daddy said, looking at me still concerned.

"Yeah. I'm a little tired, that's all. I see them all the time I guess." I replied lying right through my teeth.

Daddy looked at me even more intently. "Look baby. I know I haven't been around and all of that is going to change, but if there's ever anything in the world you want to talk to me about. Never be afraid to come to me alright? Daddy loves you so much." I looked at him and I couldn't hold it back. Tears began to well up in my eyes. My mouth started quivering. I didn't realize how much I missed my daddy until he was in my face. I jumped in his arms and held onto him so tight. I didn't want to let go.

"Oh, daddy. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sooo sorry." I blurted out while sobbing.

"Baby what's wrong?"

Did I just say that out loud?

Daddy grabbed me by the shoulders and with the utmost loveable yet worried tone. He looked me straight in the eyes. "Rae. What's the matter?!"

I continued to sob in his arms. I kept holding onto him tightly. I couldn't take it anymore. He has to know.

"Come on. Let's get you out of here so we can talk. It's going to be okay, baby. " Daddy confidently said as he carried me out.

Oh. No. What did I just do? Now I have to tell him.

***********************************************************************************

Let me know what you all think! I will be updating frequently. I would love to hear some feedback! It keeps me going :)