1

"I am human and I need to be loved
Just like everybody else does"
-How Soon Is Now?-

"- the body of the young boy- Dong Seojun was found in his room last night by his mother. It seems that the boy hung himself to death -"

Jisung stood blankly in front of the showcase of an electronics store in Gangnam Street, Seoul. 'He did it' he thought to himself 'He did it'. Jisung already felt the anxiety creeping through his core, and the lump in his throat was already painful.

Home was a mile away. there's no way he'll get there on time before the anxiety gets over him, and he will not be able to take his weight upon his knees. He had nowhere to go, or nowhere to hide. he's completely vulnerable to the eyes of the public.

If only they knew what kind of person he was. what kind of things he did. they wouldn't even consider putting him on the main news channel.

Traumatizing memories stormed into his brain. The terrible events that he never even came to acknowledge, just remain untouched, like an old book laying open on a vanity, waiting to be finished, but the reader is scared of what the ending will bring upon him. Jisung could feel as if there was a hand grasping his neck, fingers digging into his flesh. He couldn't breathe, He couldn't breathe.

----------

-11 months later-

God's Menu is a small ramen place in a corner of an ally in Seoul. Right about 5 minutes walk from Jisung's place, this is where he had been working for the past year or so. Chan, the son of the restaurant's owner came across Jisung when he was at his lowest and decided to take him under his wing, which was pretty ironic considering the fact that he's learning at the same school as Jisung, only one year older than him.

Right when Chan got Jisung to work for him and his dad at "God's Menu"
they immediately formed a special bond.

One time, when Jisung got very ill, Chan came over to his place to take care of him. However, once he took a single step into Jisung's small Goshiwon, his heart fell to his knees. Besides the fact that Jisung lived on his own, the place was a complete mess, the walls were peeling, the furnitures were layered with dust, and the tiles on the shower's floor and walls were covered in so much grease it was hard to believe that they once were white. Trash was sprinkled all around the room, and the floor could barely be seen due to the amount of clothing items piled up on it. In the middle of all the chaos, on his single-sized mattress, Jisung laid all curled up and fast asleep, his face calm and flawless, as if he had no worries.

It was unbelievable that such a well-put and collected-looking person like Jisung could live in such a place. One could never imagine what Jisung is going through from a first glance, or a second, or a third. this is how good Jisung is at hiding his true self.

Chan immediately woke the sleeping boy up, packed all his belongings, which truly weren't much, and took him over to his place. Chan's roommate recently left the unit, so there was one extra room waiting to be occupied, and Jisung was glad to do so.

Jisung would consider Chan his most treasured person. His life was never easy by any means, he had to take care of himself from a young age, got dependent on toxic people to whom he nearly gave his everything, and had to find his way out all by himself. Chan was the first person ever who was truly willing to help Jisung without being selfish and expecting something in return, and Jisung could never thank him enough for that.

----------

-Tuesday, September 20-

"Jisung-ah, I need to leave early today so you'll be the one closing up okay?" Chan calls from the kitchen, he and Jisung are the only ones on shift on Thursday nights due to the ridiculously low amount of customers. Chan's in the kitchen, and Jisung's at the reception desk. It may not seem very productive, but it gets most of the job done fairly quickly.