2

"I can't help but repeat myself,
I know it's not your fault.
Still, lately, I have begun to shake
For no reason at all."
-I Can't Handle Change-

-Wednesday, September 21-

It's 7:04 A.M., the sound of the jarring alarm has been going on and off for the past four minutes, and Jisung is only half conscious, still in his dream but fully aware of the straining sound. It takes him a couple more minutes to open his eyes and slam shut his phone alarm. He blinks for a moment or two to get used to the bright sunlight that is blasting in from the window.

While letting out a big stretch, Jisung can take a good look at his entire room, from his door to the desk to the closet. Clothes are piled up everywhere since he is too lazy to pick them up. The desk is gathered with mountains of paperwork and notebooks, so much so that the white-washed wood is almost invisible. Jisung lets out a big sigh 'How gross is that' he thinks.

He reaches for his bedside table to get his phone from the charger, trying to avoid cups and used tissues that were probably a few weeks old.

You see, Jisung has a deep love-hate relationship with organization, it makes him calm and content, yet he couldn't give a single fuck about it. He had tried cleaning his room a few times in the past but almost always gave up thinking there was no point in doing so if two days later the room would magically go back to its prior state.

After a few more minutes of just rotting around, Jisung finally convinces himself that he has to get up from bed. Chan usually is the one to wake him up in the morning, for the reason that whenever Jisung is feeling a bit feisty, and decides that it must not be that hard to wake up on his own, he just shuts his alarm off and goes back to sleep. He found that unless he has a very good reason to get up (unfortunately, school is not one of them) he would just prefer to stay asleep.

For example, the only reason for which he chose to wake up today, is to see Chan at school.

His mind is already starting to get creative; perhaps Chan was out all night doing drugs and is now passed out in some dark alley, getting picked on by some raccoons? Or maybe he got a new girlfriend that he didn't tell Jisung about, and decided to spend the night at hers? maybe he became a stripper and had to make it for his night shift?

He now has to interrogate Chan at school and demand answers. Of course, he would never get mad at him for wanting to pursue a stripper career or having a new girlfriend, but he would at least want Chan to tell him first.

Chills are going down Jisung's back as his bare feet meet the cold parquet floor. He lifts his body up and jumps above clothes, shoes, and towels on his way to the shut door.

Jisung and Chan are living in a residential unit owned by Chan's father, hence why it is not the most spacious apartment, having one and a half bedrooms, small bathroom and one space including a kitchen, living room, and dining area. However, it is more than enough for the two, Chan has been looking for independence ever since he turned thirteen, and Jisung is simply happy that he has a clean and warm place that he can call home. It's perfect for them.

Jisung does his usual morning routine, which mostly involves brushing his teeth, combing his hair and grunting about having to do something with his life like a normal person; simple and productive. He later throws on a simple white T-shirt, a pair of sweatpants, and a navy blue hoodie that he has to fish out of the pile on the floor, some deodorant, and a spritz of perfume and he's off to the kitchen.