Chapter 2- The interview

You walk into Freddy's, and are immediatly bombarded with flashing lights, screaming children, noises of arcade games, and the smell of greasy pizza. "Okay- where's Henry-?" You say to yourself, before wandering off to look for his office.

You see two doors, that read 'Emily' and 'Afton' on them. You knocked on the one closest to you, the 'Afton' one. You hear a low British voice call out "Come in!" And you open the door.

Inside is a skinny, pale man, with dark brown hair and light blue eyes. "Uh- I'm looking for- uh- Henry." You stutter, a bit nervously. "He's in his office. It's the door labeled 'Emily'." The man says, not looking up from the paperwork on his desk. "Uh- thanks-" "Don't mention it."

You knock on the door of Henry's office, and hear his voice call "Come in." He sounds tired and a bit sad. You open the door, and Henry is sitting at his desk, looking down at the paperwork on his desk. "Hi- Henry. I'm here for an interview." You say, and he looks up. "Yeah. Sit down." He motions towards a chair on the other side of his desk. 

He asks you some questions, and after about ten minutes he smiles at you and reaches his hand across the table. "You're hired!" You hesitantly shake his hand, confused. "Come back here at 7 AM tomorrow to receive your uniform and get a tour around." He says to you. "Mr. Emily- I mean, Henry- are we still going for lunch- or-?" "Yup! I was thinking we could go to (random place)!" "Oh- yeah-!" You say, your cheeks turning pink. Y/N, you met this dude yesterday in a Burger King. You don't 'like' him!  You think to yourself. 

You see Henry writing something down on a sticky note. "Here's my number if you wanna keep in touch outside of work. And in case you need to contact me." He remarks, handing you the sticky note. "Oh- thanks- I'll- uh-" You stutter nervously. You think about changing the subject and, without thinking, say, "Are we taking the same car to (random place) or are we meeting up- or-" (bad idea, Y/N) "It's up to you. I don't care how I get there as long as I get there on time." Henry replies. "Well, I guess we can just meet up there- at- uh- maybe-" You check your watch, it's about 11:20. "At.. 11:40?" You say unsurely. "Sure! That sounds great!" Henry says, smiling at you.

You leave his office, and as you're leaving you realize that Henry looked really upset the entire time. I'll ask him later, when he comes to lunch. You sigh and walk back to your car.