Chapter 3- Not how I expected it to go-

Quick A/N before I begin!

There will be two POVs in this chapter, and I'll make sure to highlight when the POV changes. There is also a change in how the perspectives are written. I don't plan to publish this until it's done, so there will be visible change throughout the chapters.

 Y/N's POV

I arrived at (random place) and saw Henry sitting on a bench on the sidewalk next to (random place), swinging his legs back and forth. I get out of my car and walk up to him. "You seem kinda down. What's up?" I ask him, before sitting down on the bench next to him. "... nothing. I'm fine." He replies, looking down at the sidewalk. (Ah yes this sidewalk is made of sidewalk) "Obviously you aren't. What's wrong?" "I- my kid-" Henry's eyes tear up, and I put one hand on his shoulder. He takes a deep breath and continues. "My kid is dead." 

I look at him, shocked, before wrapping my arms around him. "Y-Y/N?" Henry says, his voice shaking "Yes, Henry?" I reply, still hugging him. "Why are you so kind to me? I'm just... some guy." "Because, you were kind to me. And I have to give that back." Henry doesn't say anything, but hugs me back, and cries. I let him. He hugs me tighter, holding me close as if I could evaporate in his arms at any moment. 

Henry's POV

I hug Y/N tighter, holding onto them for dear life. I feel so ashamed, crying like this. I feel like a baby. Like a little kid. Y/N is so kind to me, and I've done nothing to deserve their pity. But, they're all I've got, other that William. Rose (Henry's ex wife) left, and Charlie's dead. I'm... nothing. I'm pathetic. 

I pulled away from them, tears still running down my face. All they've ever been to me is kind, and now I'm dumping my burdens onto them. "Henry? Do you still wanna go to lunch? We can leave if you want. I know you're upset right now." I shake my head and get up, offering them a hand. They take my hand and get up too, and reach into their bag. They grab a few napkins and hand them to me. "Here, take these." I take the napkins. "Thank you." I say quietly.

We walk into the restaurant (which I've just decided is going to be Olive Garden but am too lazy to go back and change) and a young woman greets us. "Welcome to Olive Garden! I'm Anna, and I'll be your server for today!" Y/N nods and smiles at Anna and follows her to a table. 

"Here are your menus! Have a nice lunch!" Anna puts the menus on the table and Y/N and I sit down.

Y/N POV (even though I like writing Henry's POV better 😒)

"Henry, what are you gonna get?" I ask Henry, who's spaced out. "Henry? Earth to Henry!" He looks back at me. "O-oh- I'll just get- the- uh-" (Yes I had to look up the Olive Garden menu) "Stuffed Ziti Fritta." "Ooh! That sounds good! I might get that too!" I reply, hoping to ease Henry's nerves. "Oh. Okay." To my dissapointment, he sounds sad. "Henry, are you okay? If you're upset we can go and we can just do this another time." "No- no. I'm just tired."

Anna comes back, and Henry and I order. 

Henray POV (Hooray :D)

I don't understand. Why do I feel so different around Y/N? It's like they... did something to me, and now whenever they aren't around, I feel like I'm just missing something. It's so... strange. I didn't feel this way with Rose. It's like I didn't even truly love her. But, Y/N-... they're different. I can- I can feel it. I look at them, and everything else fades away. Is this... love? No- my wife left me this morning- I can't be 'over' that already. It's like I never loved her in the first place. God. It's  so- it's too- I hate it!

But do I?

Y/N POV (not a slay)

Henry kept looking at me through out the entire time we were eating. "Henry?" "Huh- oh- I- I'm sorry-" "Its okay. Do you need water or something?" "No, thanks though." 

Henry and I finish eating and I pay and am about to leave, when he grabs my hand. "Henry?" "Y/N! I- uhm-" He wraps his arms around me. "Thank you for being here for me." He near-whispers. I nod and hug him, rubbing his back in a comforting manner as I feel tears fall from his eyes. 

A/N

So this chapter was kinda super a lot longer than the first two. I'll  try to keep writing long chapters, but I've got a lot of things going on right now, with school starting in a few weeks and whatnot.

-R0W4N