Chapter 3 / ᴘʀᴏᴛᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ

W Y O M I N G

Adela
It's around three in the morning and I haven't slept a blink. I've done nothing but think.
I got up and went downstairs to get a glass of water. To my surprise Zane was also up. He was sitting on the counter scrolling through his computer.

Zane : Can't sleep?
Adela : Nope! You're working at this time?
Zane : It's not exactly work it's more like.....an investigation.
Adela : Oh what about?
Zane : ......My parents death.
Adela : I'm sorry..
Zane : It's okay, it happened three years ago.
Adela : Do you want me to make you something? Coffee? Tea?
Zane : -smile- Coffee thanks!
Adela : So tell me. What do you do?
Zane : I'm a businessman. I manage my father's businesses. Only some, the rest are managed by my uncle.
Adela : Where does he live?
Zane : Here, he's just out on a business meeting. You'll meet him soon. He should be back in a few days.
Adela : How do you like your coffee?
Zane : Creamer no sugar.
Adela : Noted!
Zane : What about you?
Adela : Iced and sweet!
Zane : Oh you have sugary tooth?
Adela : I love sweets!
Zane : Noted

Zane
As Adela was making my coffee I took the opportunity to actually look at her.
She's truly beautiful. Wavy brown hair, big beautiful brown eyes. The cutest smile. It's been awhile since a woman has gotten my attention until now...

Adela
I could feel Zane looking at me as I make his coffee. Is he checking me out or- who am I kidding he's probably just watching me make his coffee.
I have to admit though- he's kinda cute.

Adela : Hers's your coffee.
Zane : Thanks

Adela
I stayed up with Zane for awhile. We were talking about how our lives usually go. How's it like living here in Wyoming and in my case how's it like living in Tijuana. Talking with him made me forget all my worries. After about an hour we both went to sleep.

A - FEW - DAYS - L A T E R

Adela
Thee past few days I've gotten to know both Zane and Emma a lot more. They're both sweet and amazing people. During the day I spend my time with Emma while Zane works. At night Zane and I stay up talking or watching a movie.

-phone call-

Zane : Hello?
Juan : Hi is this Zane Walker?
Zane : Yes, Who's this?
Juan : I'm Juan, I'm Adela's friend from Tijuana. Could I talk to her? She doesn't have a phone and I need to communicate with her..
Zane : Give me a sec-

Zane
I put my phone on mute as I called out Adela's name.

Zane : Adela!!
Adela : Yeah?
Zane : Do you know someone named Juan?
Adela : Yeah he's my friend from Tijuana.
Zane : I have him on the phone. He says he wants to talk to you.
Adela : Oh my god-

Adela
I quickly grabbed his phone and answered. I really hope nothing bad has happened...

Adela : Juan? Hey! Did something happen?
Juan : No don't worry! Your parents are fine.
Adela : Oh thank god. What do you know about Bruno?
Juan : You know he's not stupid. He knows you left.
Adela : ......He's looking for me isn't he?
Juan : Yes, anyway your parents want me to move to Wyoming to protect you just in case.
Adela : Won't it be suspicious? Bruno knows we're close. He's going to try to follow you.
Juan : That's exactly what I told your parents.
Adela : How the hell do I get Bruno off my back...
Juan : If you get protection from someone as powerful or more powerful than him.
Adela : That's gonna be hard. You know? The only way I can live in peace is if he's dead.
Alan : Zane! I'm back!
Adela : Thanks for calling Juan. I'll be getting a phone. You'll be the first I'll call. Take care!
Juan : You too! -ends call-

Zack : Welcome back!
Alan : Who's this beauty?
Zack : This is Adela Alvarez. She'll be staying here for awhile. She has some- problems in Tijuana.
Alan : You're from Tijuana?
Adela : Yes
Zane : Adela, this is Alan, my uncle,
Adela : Nice to meet you!
Alan : Likewise and you said Alvarez?
Adela : Yes, my dad is Andres Alvarez.
Alan : OH! Yes yes! I saw you when you were around three years old. And tell me what brings you here?
Adela : It's a long story...
Alan : I have all day.
Zane : My uncle would go to Tijuana a lot.
Adela : Oh really?
Alan : Yes I know pretty much everyone over there.
Adela : Even Bruno Martino?
Alan : Unfortunately...
Adela : He's the problem I'm running away from.
Alan : Bruno? How are you connected to that monster?
Adela : I was his fiancée. Before I found out about who he really is. After I left him he threatened and controlled me to the point I couldn't take it anymore and ran away.
Zane : Her dad got in context with me to help her hide since this town is very hidden.
Alan : That's right and don't worry. You'll be very safe here. I suggest use a fake ID.
Adela : Yeah my friend made me one.
Alan : Great! Now excuse me. I have to unpack and make a few phone calls.
Zane : Go on

Alan grabbed his luggage and went upstairs leaving Zane and Adela alone downstairs.

Adela : He's nice!
Zane : Yes he's a chill guy.
Adela : Oh- I have a job interview!
Zane : Really? Where?
Adela : At a coffee shop in the city. As soon as I get my first paycheck I'm going to buy myself a phone.
Zane : About that...
Adela : What?

Adela
Zane picked up a little box that was on the little center table and handed it to me.

Zane : I already beat you at it. Here, it's all yours.
Adela : Zane- you didn't have to!
Zane : But I wanted to!
Adela : Oh my god- thank you!

Zane
She gave me a big beautiful smile and hugged me. I instantly hugged her back. I can already see how close we're going to get..

Zane : Want me to drive you? I'm going that area anyway.
Adela : That would be great!

Meanwhile
-phone call-

Jose : Yes boss?
Alan : I want guards around the mansion 24/7 and a specific guard to protect Adela at all times! Make sure you hire the best one.
Jose : Adela Alvarez? Isn't she engaged to Bruno Martino?
Alan : By force but she's here for protection. I'm going to give it to her.
Jose : Does Bruno know where she is?
Alan : No and I need you to send a warning to him to back off. With that he'll know with someone just as powerful.
Jose : Yes boss I'll be sending some of our men on that.

Walker Mansion

Emma : -opens door- You?!

To be continued.....